Can I use one licence for both home and business use?

d_l
d_l
Community Member

I'm pretty sure this is answered on the Windows help page #4, but would like something more explicit - my company takes licensing very seriously.

Is it permitted to buy one license (say, the Mac & Win combo) and then use it for both personal and business purposes? It'd be used only on the platforms specified, by the same user (me). Very likely separate vaults, but that shouldn't affect licensing.

The help page I linked could be read as "you can use your personal vaults at work to access your personal online banking".
With the existence of 1Password for Teams, and business volume licenses, I'd appreciate explicit permission to use my personal license for work things too.

Cheers,
d_l

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:licence, kb:license-requirements

Comments

• rob
    rob
    edited February 2016

Hi, @d_l, and welcome to our forum!

Is it permitted to buy one license (say, the Mac & Win combo) and then use it for both personal and business purposes? It'd be used only on the platforms specified, by the same user (me).

Yes, traditional licenses apply to individual users and platforms, not purposes or places.

With 1Password for Teams, we've obliterated traditional licenses and payment is simply per user, not per platform, so a member of a team account can use whatever apps on whatever platforms they want at no additional cost. This is much more cost-effective for those who do need to use multiple platforms, and it finally allows us to simply charge per user.

• d_l
    d_l
    Community Member

Great, Rob, thanks for clarifying. Maybe there'll be a use for 1Password for Teams in our future :)

• @d_l On behalf of Rob, you're welcome. :) I hope you do jump into Teams in the future. We're happy to have you. Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.