ipassword has blocked me out from my new computer. error when I enter my apple password

Options
johnsteichn
johnsteichn
Community Member

I have ipassword on both my mac and ipad and iphone
I have had ipassword for several years .
In fall of 2015 I replaced my old imac with a new imac
Everything continued to work with ipassword until recently.
after 6 months, ipassword on my mac says that I have a new computer and it wants my apple password to verify the computer. I supply the password, and I get an app store window that says "An unexpected error occurred while signing in" and my computer coud not be verified. contact support for assistance. doesent say who to contact, apple or agile bits. what a mess. Please help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ipassword has blocked me out from my new computer. error when I enter my apple password

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @johnsteichn,

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this! I'd love to help you sort this out.

What you're describing sounds to me like a recent Mac App Store certificate issue which affected many apps purchased from the Mac App Store. We posted an announcement about that issue here in the forum.

As noted in that post, we have found that simply rebooting the Mac tends to resolve this.

Another solution to the App Store certificate issue is to switch to the AgileBits Store version of our app, which is essentially identical to the Mac App Store version and doesn't require an additional purchase. Here's how to switch.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions for me. :)

This discussion has been closed.