Adding Credit card to Families Account

Options
jjstipe
jjstipe
Community Member

I want to add my credit card to my Families account by 3/21 to take advantage of the offers, but I don't seem to be able to do it:

Coming soon!
Soon you will be able to add your Credit Card here and qualify for the Special Launch Special!
Add your card by March 21 to enjoy:
$10 added to your account (an extra 2 months free)
Twice the amount of secure storage for your documents (that’s 2 GB)
The ability to invite two more family members for free (a total of 7 family members!)

When should I be able to add the credit card?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.1 (610005) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Adding Credit card to Families Account

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@jjstipe

I suspect it will be about a week or two prior to the teams service leaving beta. Or maybe a couple of weeks after leaving the beta. Since they (Families and Teams) are built upon much (if not all) of the same systems. To be honest I doubt anyone really knows till the powers that be, decide to flip the switch.

If history has anything to say on the matter way back when... and 1Password 2 made the move to 1Password 3, I seem to recall the new version of the store being up and open about 3 weeks prior to the initial release.

Not much help I know, but I can suggest following this forum, Twitter and Facebook, even the newsletter, As I am sure that they all will let us know when the billing system is open. I actually find these are the best way to get info about future developments. I can't forget to mention the blog page as well.

You never know the team has done so much work and the servers work by push notifications (helps trigger syncing in my understanding, I could be off on this ?) We each may very well get a notification that the billing system is active.

@ Staff If not that would be cool to have the admins notified about missed cc payments due to a failed authorization etc. by an in app notification. Dropbox has been working on a similar notification system for its billing system. It actually works as I had an expired cc last month and Dropbox let me know about the failed payment.

Edit : typo

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I'm expecting that your signup date will determine whether you get the early adopter incentives, not the date when you supply a payment option. But that's just my guess, based on the responses I've seen from staff to folks who are wanting to be sure to get the incentives nailed down. I don't know what is going on in the company in this regard.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi folks,

We really appreciate your passion for 1Password for Families and your interest in paying for it! :)

Here are the key points:

• We hope to have billing set up soon, but we are not ready to take credit cards quite yet. In the mean time, please enjoy the free period.
    • When you sign up for a Families account, you are automatically granted 30 days free. Once we have billing implemented, you can add a credit card at any point within the remainder those initial 30 days. You will continue to get the remainder of the 30 days (starting at the date of account creation) free.
    • If you sign up during the launch special, you'll get three awesome benefits: extra two family members at no additional cost (total of 7 included in base price), double the space (total of 2GB per family), and a $10 credit applied to your account (assuming you add a valid credit card to the billing interface).
    • At the end of the initial 30 day free period that everyone gets, you'll have a $10 credit applied against the $5 owed, so there won't be any charges to your card for month 2. Then at the end of month 2 you'll have your remaining $5 credit applied to the $5 owed so there won't be any charges for month 3 (but you do need to add your credit card to get this special).
    • Credits are not refundable (if you decide to cancel). I.e. You can't sign up for an account, add a credit card, cancel within the 30 day free period, and get the $10 credit we give refunded. :p

@thightower: We don't yet have much implemented in the apps as far as administration. For the near future that'll all be handled through the web interface. I think you have an excellent point though and hope in the future we can do something like that.

I hope that helps.

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

What about the "utmost amazing award" for completing the quest? Will that be on top of?

• Ben
    Options

Great question, XIII. It is true, we have a set of Quests within the web app that help you setup your team and make you and expert. Once you finish all of them you get an additional month free.

Ben

• rlorenzo
    rlorenzo
    Community Member
    Options

Will you be emailing us when we can add our credit card to pay for the Family account? I had having to check in the dashboard every couple of days. I don't want to miss out on the extra incentives.

Also, strange to release a feature, but have no way for people to pay for it.

• Ben
    Options

We'll make sure folks know. How, exactly, I'm not sure yet. :) You won't miss the incentives.

It is such an awesome feature that we didn't want to hold it up over a thing like money. ;)

Ben

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff Will we be able to add our credit card before the 21 of march?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ntimo: We're hoping much sooner than that, but you never know. There have been a few obstacles that have come up, and it's important to us that we get it right before making it public. Worst case scenario (for us, best for you perhaps!), we can't get paid until it's finished. :lol:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@brenty I have no problem with paying for an awesome service that I use every day so that would be the worst case szenario for both of us. Iam on holidays 2 days after the 21th so I won't be able to add my credit card for the next 1 week after that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, thank you! :blush:

I don't want to promise anything, but we're getting closer and closer. Hopefully we'll be able to get billing finalized in plenty of time for your holiday! Ultimately, we're not going to lock you out of your data or anything, and you'll still be on "early adopter free time" anyway, but I think I might know how you feel: it's great feeling to have everything checked off of the todo list — especially before traveling! :pirate:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@brenty That sounds like perfect news for my checklist. Can't wait for that. I really like to help and support Agilebits, anyway I can ;)

I now you won't lock me out but I than if the case happens might not be able to edit my data in the vault. Witch would be kind of bad because I keep my diary in 1PW ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I now you won't lock me out but I than if the case happens might not be able to edit my data in the vault. Witch would be kind of bad because I keep my diary in 1PW ;)

@ntimo: I did think of that! The free service should give you plenty of breathing room there, but we're always here to help — and we may yet have billing finished well in advance, and render this discussion moot. ;)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty First of nice new beta that I love the new features. I hoped that the ability to add my credit card would be in this one. I still have the hope that the feature comes before my holidays

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for getting your hopes up. It's coming!

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty but is it coming this week? Before my holidays?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I certainly hope so, but it's impossible to say for certain. :blush:

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dahanbn,

We will indeed inform subscribers! I don't know what form the announcement will take, but we'll make sure you see it :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This discussion was also split off into Credit for quest completion.

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Can we not add our credit card into our account but just pay?
    And payment will only be on $ currency or we can choose other one?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016
    Options

And payment will only be on $ currency or we can choose other one?

@Spinacle: Billing is in US dollars only, since it's a common, stable currency. Having to adjust for each fluctuating exchange rate would be tricky, and the banks do that just fine on their own.

Can we not add our credit card into our account but just pay?

Do you mean pay immediately? Since billing doesn't start for anyone yet (your start date will be reflected in your account's billing details) that isn't possible.

However, once billing does begin, you could simply add your credit card information and then remove it once the payment goes through. And when your subscription is up for renewal again, we'll notify you so that you can repeat the same process if you wish. I find it's nicer to set it up and not have to worry about it, but you're free to make changes to your billing information at any time. Cheers! :)

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Ok thanks, so i will wait just before the enf of my trial to add my credit card.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Spinacle: That's exactly what I'd do in your situation! And it sounds like you probably won't know this since you're waiting to pay that way, but (unlike some billing systems) removing your payment information is literally as easy as clicking an (x) — and you can cancel easily too:

We don't want anyone to feel like we have when we've been forced to jump through hoops to remove or cancel payment. Cheers! :chuffed:

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot @brenty :p

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! :pirate: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.