Trial Period

Options
derekfarrell
derekfarrell
Community Member

Is it possible to have an extension on the trial period? Didn't get the time to trial the software.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:trial extension

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @derekfarrell! We offer a 30-day trial of 1Password and usually that's enough to give folks an idea of whether the app is what they're looking for. If you have 20 items or less, you can still add or edit them. :) If you have more, you'll need to purchase the app. Hope that helps.

• birgit
    birgit
    Community Member
    Options

Somewhere I saw a "trial period". I downloaded iPassword for Mac....no trial period. It asks for my password which I never made. So I am locked out. Don't think this craziness is going to work for me.

• Jacob
    Options

@birgit It sounds like you used 1Password previously, which is why you're being asked for your Master Password. You can try a Master Password you may have used previously. Otherwise, I'd recommend starting over to remedy this. Let us know how it goes.

• derekfarrell
    derekfarrell
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't realise I could still use the product after the trial period as you suggest. Thank you. Much appreciated. I think I'll be making a purchase soon though.

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it @derekfarrell

• Annieles
    Annieles
    Community Member
    Options

Im also wondering whether this i password for Mac Pro will work for me as it sounds like it's a course in itself. Also I thought I was on a trial period but today less than a week after I signed up for the trial period the money has come out of my apple account.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Annieles,

Thanks for reaching out to us about that! You said the money came out of your "Apple account", so it sounds like you downloaded 1Password from the Mac App Store? There's no trial version of 1Password on the Mac App Store, so the only way to download it from there is if you purchase it. The Mac App Store should make that obvious though, because you need to click on a button that shows the price of the app, and enter your Apple ID password in order to confirm that you want to buy it.

If you decide you would like a refund for your purchase from the Mac App Store, you may still be able to do that, but you'll need to request it from Apple (we don't receive any customer information from Apple). We explain how to do that here: Refund for Mac App Store purchases

However, we'd love the opportunity to help you get started with 1Password! It might seem confusing at first, but once you know a few basics, I'm sure it will feel like second nature to you. I highly recommend taking a look at the 'Introduction' section of our 1Password for Mac User Guide, as I think it does a great job of helping new customers get started. But we're also more than happy to help, so if you have any questions about how to use 1Password, please don't hesitate to let us know - we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.