problem manually creating login item for 1Password families website

I'm posting this as an entirely new question. I originally posted it here https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/59531/security-and-the-web-app-login-form as part of a bigger question. But I think it needs to be separated now.

I'm having trouble creating a login item for my 1Password for Families account (family-xxx.1password.com). First, I tried to create the item manually, including creating a custom "account key" field.

Bu when I click on the 1PW button in the Safari (iOS) share sheet to fill in the login form, it doesn't quite work right. The 3 fields on the website are, in order, user name, account key, and master password. But 1PW leaves the name field blank, then puts my user name in the second field where account key goes. It does fill the master password field properly. So essentially it ignores the first field (username), and incorrectly treats the second 2 fields as username and password. I'm attaching a screenshot to show how it populates the fields.

Then, based on your instructions in https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/, I tried to create a new login item from the filled website login page. I followed the steps precisely. That does create what looks like a proper login item, and contains all 3 required fields. But when I try to log in to the website, I get the same field mismatch problem.

I hope you can offer a solution. If 1Password works on any website at all, it should definitely work on the 1Password site.

Please see attached screenshot. Thanks. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5uodddffoj0m8dn/File Mar 19, 9 07 41 PM.png?dl=0

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MDBrown,

Can I ask, in whatever your preferred browser is on your Mac are you by any chance running version 4.5.5 of the 1Password Browser Extension?

• MDBrown
    MDBrown
    Community Member

I'm doing it in Safari on my iPad. I don't own a Mac, and the browser extension doesn't work yet on the 1PW beta for Windows 10.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016

Hello @MDBrown,

It seems my initial hunch was incorrect then. I know that we introduced something new to the 4.5.5 version of the 1Password Browser Extension that we need to see implemented on the iOS side too and that will come in time, the two just move in different release cycles. That would affect the ability to fill if the Login item was created in a browser using the 4.5.5 extension and filling was then happening on an iOS device.

What you're saying though is you cannot create a Login item from inside iOS Safari using the 1Password for iOS extension and then after reloading the page have it fill. It's strange because it works fine for me here - all three fields filled without issue.

Can I ask the following please.

1. What version of iOS are you running?
    2. What version of 1Password for iOS are you running?

You're correct that the browser extension doesn't work in the beta for 1Password for Windows 10 but I believe that extension support in Edge doesn't exist beyond still private APIs that are being tested - nothing public for other developers to use. This is why our developers added 1Browser to the beta for 1Password for Windows 10 so that you could browse and fill using 1Password, like how 1Password for iOS worked before Apple gave us iOS Extensions.

Back to 1Password for iOS though. I'm running 6.3.1 and using our guide, Create a new Login item in Safari to create the Login item before using the steps in our guide, Fill items in Safari. Everything I've attempted so far fills all three fields so I'm at a loss as to why you're experiencing so much trouble unless you're maybe running an older version?

• MDBrown
    MDBrown
    Community Member

I'm using the most current versions of both iOS and 1Password on my iPad. It's a somewhat older iPad (the one called "the new iPad"), which could possibly be a factor. I've also got an iPhone 6S, so I'll try it on that.

It's not a huge problem, but I'd like to correct it. I'll let you know. Thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MDBrown,

I tried first on my iPhone and then my iPad, both behaved as you'd want them to. There has to be something that's causing this difference :smile:

This discussion has been closed.