Change master password

jmdvoigt
jmdvoigt
Community Member

I just downloaded 1Password on my husbands computer and I want to change the master password. I do not have the change the master password selection in my security tab, so how do I change it?

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 610006
OS Version: OS X Yosemite
Sync Type: cloud
Referrer: kb:account-key, kb:teams-admin-access-control, kb:teams-families-migrate, kb-search:change master password, kb:change-master-password

Comments

• Hi @jmdvoigt ,

The only time that button should be hidden is if you have a 1Password for Families (or Teams) vault active. Do you only use 1Password for Families (or Teams) or do you have other local (non-Familes) vaults on your system as well? If you have local vaults, switch to your Primary vault, and the Change Master Password button will then appear in the Security Preferences.

If you only have Families vaults, then you can change the password in the Teams Preferences. However, if this is your husband's computer and this is for use primarily by him instead of yourself, then it may be advantageous for you to create a separate login for him and share the vaults that way. If you wish to do this, log into your 1Password account with your web browser, bring up the Admin console and invite your husband using his email address. If you need assistance with that, please let us know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• jmdvoigt
    jmdvoigt
    Community Member

Hi Kevin

Thanks so much! That was a simple fix and it solved our problem.

Jeannie

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Jeannie ( @jmdvoigt ),

I'm so glad to see that Kevin was able to help you get things sorted out - I'll make sure he sees your thanks.

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.