Cannot get new extension to upload

The attached file is the message in my Activity Window when I attempt to install the Safari 5.1 extension following the instructions on your site. I am running Snow Leopard, Safari 5.1 and have updated to your version 3.7.0 (build 31083). I have closed out Safari and attempted to run the installer. No go. Automatic updates are enabled. When I disable Automatic Updates, the screen says there are no updates available. This would tend to make me think that I do have all extensions uploaded. But, I do not see the extension anywhere. Is there a new location that I might be overlooking?

Comments

• NoBite wrote:

The attached file is the message in my Activity Window when I attempt to install the Safari 5.1 extension following the instructions on your site. I am running Snow Leopard, Safari 5.1 and have updated to your version 3.7.0 (build 31083). I have closed out Safari and attempted to run the installer. No go. Automatic updates are enabled. When I disable Automatic Updates, the screen says there are no updates available. This would tend to make me think that I do have all extensions uploaded. But, I do not see the extension anywhere. Is there a new location that I might be overlooking?

Hi NoBite

Can you please check for us and make sure JavaScript is enabled in Safari?
    http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/safari_5.1_javascript.html

Also please make sure Private Browsing is turned OFF.

Once you've done both of those things please quit Safari using the keyboard shortcut Command-Option-Q which will close all windows and tabs (so be sure to bookmark anything you want to keep).

Thanks
    Ben
  • NoBite
    NoBite
    Community Member
    Java script is enabled. Private browsing is not turned on. I used Command-Option-Q to close Safari.

I opened 1Password directly from the Applications folder. Went to Preferences within the program and selected Install Safari Extension.

Safari opened up... To a blank page with the same disclaimer at the bottom "Failed to open page (see Activity window for details)

Same details as in attachment in my previous post.

Just for kicks, I rebooted entire computer and started Safari to see if the extension was there in the tool bar. Nope. Tried thisnentire process again. Same results. :-(
  • Danevas
    Danevas
    Community Member
    I am running Lion Mac Os 10.7; safari 5.1, 1password 3.7.1 BETA-2. I cannot find out if I have downloaded and installed the safari extension. Clicking on 1Password in Safari I cannot find how to save a password. Java is turned on.
  • Danevas
    Danevas
    Community Member
    Danevas wrote:

I am running Lion Mac Os 10.7; safari 5.1, 1password 3.7.1 BETA-2. I cannot find out if I have downloaded and installed the safari extension. Clicking on 1Password in Safari I cannot find how to save a password. Java is turned on.

I found 1Password extension enabled.
  • NoBite
    NoBite
    Community Member
    I show it is enabled on my Mac, too. But, where is it? There appears to be no way to use the extension. I cannot find it in any menu or in any toolbar.
  • Danevas wrote:

Hi Danevas,

We bought back the ability to save logins manually in the latest version of the extension, 3.7b9. Please update the extension to get this functionality. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like:
    Manual_save-20110801-231922.png

Please update the main 1Password app, we released the final version of 1Password 3.7.1 last night.

NoBite wrote:

I show it is enabled on my Mac, too. But, where is it? There appears to be no way to use the extension. I cannot find it in any menu or in any toolbar.
    Hi NoBite,

Do you see any buttons that say "1P" on the toolbar? It is usually located on the left side of the address bar in 1Password. If not, in Safari, go to the View Menu > Customize Toolbar. Locate the 1Password button and drag it to the toolbar.

If that doesn't work, can you tell me if pressing the "Command + \" keyboard shortcut works at all? It should bring up the extension.

Please update to the latest versions of the 1Password app and the extension, 3.7.1 and 3.7b9, respectively. This guide will help you with that process, skip the part about installing the extension to the third part, which will explain how to update the extension in Safari.

I hope this helps, please let me know how it turns out.
  • NoBite
    NoBite
    Community Member
    No, the 1P button was not there. So, here is what I did.

In the Safari Preferences pane, it said I HAD installed the 1Password extension. So, I uninstalled it! Then, I closed Safari and opened 1Password. The program asked me if I wanted to install the extension. I accepted the offer and IT INSTALLED IT! Now, when I open Safari, the extension is there.

So, uninstalling and installing worked for me.
  • NoBite
    NoBite
    Community Member
    brenty wrote:

Awesome! Thanks for the update. I am glad it is working for you. :)

You are most welcome. I would not want to work in IT, based on the huge volume of issues every time an update is released! :blink: Seems to be an infinite number of ways to get a snag.
  • NoBite wrote:

You are most welcome. I would not want to work in IT, based on the huge volume of issues every time an update is released! :blink: Seems to be an infinite number of ways to get a snag.
    Yes, but for many people in IT, it’s why we love doing the job. It’s like being a detective, all the puzzles we need to figure out in order to fix the issue. cool.gif

If we can be of further assistance, or if you have another puzzle for us, let us know.wink.gif
This discussion has been closed.