Dropbox sync not working between Mac and iOS, but same sync file

Options
Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Dropbox sync not working between Mac and iPad.

Comments

• mbac
    mbac
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I’m having the exact same problem. I’ve checked my sync paths and here are the results:

Mac:

iPad:

If I’m not mistaken, those are the same folders, right?

Thanks,
    Marco

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mbac,

I'm sorry you're having a bit of trouble with Dropbox sync! It sounds like this problem is a little different than the one from the previous thread, so I've moved your post to a new discussion to avoid confusion. I hope you don't mind!

Thank you for including those screenshots! Yes, it definitely appears to be the same folder & sync file in both. But I'm guessing your 1Password data isn't syncing back & forth between your Mac and iPad as expected? I'm sure we can help to solve this, but we'll need to know a few more details first, if you don't mind:

• What version of OS X are you running on your Mac?
    • What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • What version of iOS are you running on your iPad?
    • What exact version of 1Password is installed on your iPad?
    • Aside from your Mac and iPad, are you syncing your 1Password data with any other devices? If so, are you having a sync problem on those devices as well?
    • What is the exact problem you've noticed? For example, does Dropbox sync work at all? If you add a new item to 1Password on your Mac, does it sync to your iPad? If you add a new item to 1Password on your iPad, does it sync to your Mac? Do you get any error messages? Any details you can tell us about the problem you've noticed will be helpful.

Once we know more about your setup and the sync problem, we'll have a much better idea of how to get things working again. Thanks! :)

• mbac
    mbac
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

All software versions were the latest available to this date. I'm beginning to think this has been a one-time Dropbox for iOS issue (version 6.2 at the moment), as I had similar problems with the Papers app on both iPad and iPhone, and that app also syncs via Dropbox.

As with Papers, I solved the problem by unlinking then re-activating sync on the iOS versions of 1Password. It's too bad 1Password failed silently, though, but then again Papers didn't pop up any alerts, either.

Please let me know if diagnostics could be useful for you, though be advised the problem seems to be solved now.

Best,
    Marco

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news, @mbac! I'm really glad to hear you were able to solve the sync problem. Thanks for following up to explain how you got it working again. We don't need you to send us a diagnostics report if sync is working now, but we appreciate the offer! I don't know what was causing the problem, but if you had a similar issue with another app that syncs with Dropbox, and the same solution fixed it for both apps, that does seem to suggest a temporary problem with the Dropbox servers or your Dropbox account (although I really don't know for sure).

Hopefully it all works well for you from now on, but if run into more problems with 1Password or need anything else, please let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.