Switching from DropBox t iCloud syncing with multiple vaults. I'm only able to move the primary over

grizfan93
grizfan93
Community Member

I have two additional vaults that I also want to convert to iCloud sync, but the only options that show for either is DropBox or folder.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.1 (610006) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.4 (15E65)
Sync Type: moving to iCloud
Referrer: ug:mac/new-computer, ug:mac/sync-icloud, kb:icloud-troubleshooting, kb:switch-to-icloud, ug:mac/sync-icloud

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @grizfan93,

Sorry for the confusion about this.

But unfortunately iCloud syncing only functions for the primary vault and not any secondary vaults. :angry:

So you should probably stick with DropBox syncing for your secondary vaults.

Sorry about that.

• grizfan93
    grizfan93
    Community Member

Dang... My corporate IT department has this strange distrust of DropBox (blocking access at work) but no problems with iCloud for some reason. That prevents me from keeping my work Mac in sync with my other stuff...
    Would syncing to a folder in iCloud be an option?

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Hi @grizfan93,

That's too bad that DropBox is not allowed in your environment! :angry:

Yes indeed iCloud Drive would indeed work and you can set it up using the "Folder Sync" setup.

Dropbox is a superior way to do it however, since it has better conflict resolution when files are changed on different devices. But Folder sync does indeed work well.

Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.