Migration question

jonprial
jonprial
Community Member

I've just installed Family and have MOVEd all my records from Primary (#1) to Personal (#2). I would now like to set up two different Shared Accounts - one for my wife and me to share and one for the family to share. How do I do that?

1Password Version: 6.2
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate, ug:mac/switch-vaults, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jonprial: Great! So far so good. We'll get this squared away for you. ;)

The second part of your question is easiest: by default, when you setup your 1Password Families account, a Personal vault (which you're already using) was created, but also a Shared vault that is accessible to everyone in the Family. Anything you want your whole Family to have access to can be kept there.

Going back to the first part, you can create any number of custom vaults by clicking on the Family menu in the upper right and going to Admin Console > Vaults. Click the ( + ) there, and you can give it a name and description. Once it's created, click on it in the Vaults list, and select Manage Access. You can then choose the Family members you want to share it with. It will automatically be available in their accounts.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.