Program fails to run on Windows 7 64 bit

Hi
I have installed 1Password on my office Win 7 PC 64 bit. When I start the program the Vault login appears but disappears after a few seconds. In task manager the program is still running. I can kill the process but I cannot remove it from the Applications tab. The only wat to remove the applications is a restart. The program works fine on my home Win 7 PC (32 bit).
I have tried an uninstall and reinstalling the program without success
The office computer is on a domain but I have admin rights. The AV is Sophos 11.3.1 Cloud and Malwarebytes. The Firewall is currently managed by the Draytec routers
1Password did work when first installed about 4 to 6 weeks ago but as far as I can tell nothing specific has changed in the meantime
I would welcome any help please

Regards

Roger Pearce

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: Windows 7 64bit
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:windows 64 bit

Comments

• Hi Roger,

Thanks for writing in.
    I'm not quite sure that I understand the issue.

Are you having problems using the 1Password extension in a given browser or does the main application fail to respond?

I'm sure we'll find a solution once you give us more details.

Thanks!

• Hi @rogerpearce,

Disconnect the Internet cable or Wi-Fi network and then disable both Sophos and MalwareBytes completely. Now, open 1Password, is it staying as it should now?

If yes, then you need to configure both software to whitelist 1Password. To whitelist, try to exclude all of 1Password .exe files in the Program Files (x86) > 1Password 4 directory. Be sure to turn both on before reconnecting the network and then reboot your computer just in case, see if 1Password works now.

You should also do the instructions for Sophos to allow 1Password work in your browsers here: https://support.1password.com/configure-sophos/win.html

• rogerpearce
    rogerpearce
    Community Member

Hi
    I have set up Sophos to look at 127.0.0..1 and it has made no difference. When I try to run 1Password the login boc appears on the desktop for 2 or 3 seconds but disappears before you have time to enter the password. However it leave 2 processes running in Task manager. If I try to run 1password again it starts another 2 processes making 4 and so on. I have installed the browser extensions for IE11 Chrome and Firefox
    I have attached captures of Task manager if it helps.
    Regards
    Roger

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I have set up Sophos to look at 127.0.0..1 and it has made no difference. When I try to run 1Password the login boc appears on the desktop for 2 or 3 seconds but disappears before you have time to enter the password.

@rogerpearce: Indeed. Were you also able to whitelist the 1Password .exe files as Mike suggested? It sounds like something is closing the window after it's opened. Are you able to open the 1Password extension in either browser? Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.