Exporting Vault from Windows Store app to transition to 1Password 4

Options

I was looking to use the browser extension but found that I need 1Password 4 to have the helper necessary to run the browser extension.

Is there a way to use 1Password for teams through 1Password 4? Also, how do I export a vault from the windows store application, or from the browser if possible?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Unknown

Comments

• Hi @jacko1563,

1Password for Windows 10 doesn't yet support browser extensions or exporting 1Password for Families data locally.
    You can, however, use the integrated 1Browser until we have third party browser integration ready.

I can assure you that we're working hard on providing this feature for our customers as soon as possible. We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Cheers

• jacko1563
    jacko1563
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi there!

I guess I was wondering if I could export data from my actual browser from the 1Password site? I'm just looking to export my vault to transition to 1Password 4 instead of the Windows 10 store application. If it is possible to do it through OneDrive or Dropbox that would also work I was just trying to avoid retyping all of my logins.

I was also wondering if the Windows 10 application stores my vault locally? Because there is an option to start with an existing vault in 1Password 4 that seems like the easiest option if I can manage it.

Thanks

• MikeT
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @jacko1563,

There's no way to do this with the Windows or the web apps right now, we've only implemented the export feature in the Mac app with the rest to follow up in the near future.

Right now, we're building the next major version of 1Password for Windows that will support Families/Teams and browser extensions. It should also include the export feature but it may be postponed in order to get the first version out with Families/Teams support.

I was also wondering if the Windows 10 application stores my vault locally? Because there is an option to start with an existing vault in 1Password 4 that seems like the easiest option if I can manage it.

The Teams/Families vaults are structurally different from the local OPVault/Agilekeychain vaults that 1Password 4 for Windows can support, which is why a separate new Windows version is being built for Teams.

If you start out with 1Password for Teams, there isn't an easy way to use 1Password 4 for Windows. If you started out in 1Password 4 for Windows, you could reuse the same local vaults in both the 1Password 4 for Windows and 1Password Beta for Windows 10 apps.

This discussion has been closed.