Weird lag between Syncs using Dropbox

jxmalave
jxmalave
Community Member

I've been using 1Password since about 2010-11 and love the app. Highly recommended to all my friends.

Lately, I've noticed that syncing between my devices can be delayed, or sometimes never happens.
Scenario:
I create a new login using the 1Password extension in iOS Safari on my iPad. It saves the new login, I have access to the new website.
Hours later I attempt to login to the website or app on my iPhone. I attempt to use 1Password on my iPhone to find the new login created, but it is not listed. There no any other device, other than the iPad I created it on. Once I open the 1Password app on the original iPad, go to Settings page, I'll see the Syncing icon appear.
I can then go back to the iPhone, and the login will appear on the iPhone.

Why is the Dropbox syncing process not happening automatically? Is it because I'm using the iOS Extension to create a new login and so the Syncing process won't happen unless I open the app?

1Password Version: 6.4 (640013)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jxmalave

That is correct, if you create an item in the iOS extension you will need to goto the main 1Password app so that a sync can occur.

Currently we do not sync from the extension and only do so from the main application.

Let me know if that helps clear things up :)

• jxmalave
    jxmalave
    Community Member

That's what I thought. Ok makes sense. Appreciate the quick response!

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@jxmalave

My pleasure :)

We're here if you have questions. Have a wonderful weekend!

This discussion has been closed.