I can't get 1password setup correctly on my chrome browser on my windows 10 computer.

I have installed the windows 10 app from the microsoft store and can open that up, but I can't get the browser extension to work on chrome. I've looked up all the help desk stuff I can find can't find a resolution. The issue is that my browser keeps saying that it can't find the 1password helper and that it has to be running, but I can't figure out how to get it to start running. I am using 1password teams, but I don't think that matters, but thought I'd let you know.

1Password Version: beta 2016.4.2600
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:windows 10, kb-search:helper, kb-search:extension, kb:browser-extension

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2016

Hi @RichardFontenot,

Actually, 1Password Teams does matter, there is no stable Windows version of 1Password app available right now that supports both the Teams service and the browser extensions. It's something we're working on but I don't have a timeframe on when it will be ready.

1Password Beta from the Windows Store does not support browser extensions. We added a limited feature called 1Browser that will fill in some of your Logins, you can find this by pressing on the Browse button on the bottom right of your Login items inside the 1Password Beta app.

1Password Helper is built into the 1Password 4.6 for Windows program but it doesn't support Teams, it's coming in the next major version that we're working on right now.

• RichardFontenot
    RichardFontenot
    Community Member

MikeT....totally understand. Can you help me figure out how to use 1password teams on my windows computer. Most of our team has Macs and everything works great, but one of my employees has a windows computer and they can't use 1password teams. At least we haven't figured out how to do it. The issue is that they can login online to their account and see the accounts and the usernames, but they can't get the passwords. They have the same issue from the 1password beta from the windows store. So they can see usernames and websites and other info, but the passwords are all hidden and they can't copy it. Is there something I'm not doing that would allow them to use 1password?

• Hi @RichardFontenot,

Is it possible they doesn't have the permission to reveal the passwords? I'd suggest checking their permissions in your Admin Console to make sure they do have permissions.

• RichardFontenot
    RichardFontenot
    Community Member

MikeT - That did it. We were trying to keep from doing that, but we have enabled it for this user until you guys come out with the windows browser extension. Thanks!

• You're welcome.

We're working hard to get the new major Windows version out as fast as we can with the browser extensions support, so you can go back to using that permission with your team.

This discussion has been closed.