Sync between Mac and iOS with Dropbox does not work

Options
Claude_William
Claude_William
Community Member

I use Dropbox successfully since several month but 1Password doesn't sync between my devices. When I create a new password on my iPad, I can't see it on my Mac

1Password Version: 6.2.1 on my Mac
Extension Version: 6.4.1 on my iPad
OS Version: OSX El Capitan
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: ug:mac/new-computer-teams-families, ug:mac/new-computer-icloud, ug:mac/new-computer-dropbox, kb-search:sync with dropbox, kb:sync-options

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Claude_William,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble syncing your 1Password data via Dropbox! We'll be happy to help get things working correctly again.

The first thing to check is that Dropbox sync is set up correctly in 1Password on your Mac and iPad:

On your Mac:

• Open 1Password and go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences.
    • Click the Sync tab.
    • Make sure it shows your Primary vault is set to sync with Dropbox.
    • If it shows a different sync option or says None, set up Dropbox sync by following the steps here: Sync with Dropbox (Mac)
    • If Dropbox sync is already enabled, check the file name and file path for the sync file in Dropbox.

On your iPad:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Primary.
    • Make sure it shows the Sync Service is Dropbox.
    • If it shows a different sync service or says Start Syncing, set up Dropbox sync by following the steps here: Sync with Dropbox (iOS)
    • If Dropbox sync is already enabled, tap "Sync Service" and check the file name and path for the sync file in Dropbox (underneath Current Sync Method / Dropbox).

If the problem is that one is syncing with a different sync file than the other, you'll need to disable the sync, then set it up again and choose the correct sync file.

Let us know how it goes and what you find, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.