Import/Export between vaults not working?

Options

A while ago I switched from an agilekeychain vault to the newer opvault. I successfully exported and imported my logins from the old to the new. However, recently I have noticed that some of my other items did not import correctly. I have tried to copy and paste them between the vaults, but that doesn't seem to be working. The import/export of these files produces an item in the new vault with the correct title but with no details at all. I've been exporting selected items as a .pif file.

I'm only having a problem with some data types in 1Password, I'm pretty sure I have narrowed it down to:
Passports
Bank Accounts
Reward programs
Software Licenses
Identities
Instant Messenger
Databases
Some Generic Accounts
Some FTP Accounts

For the generic and ftp accounts, it doesn't seem to be uniform. Some of them work, but most of them don't. Is there some part of the process I am missing? Is there an easier way to copy these from my old vault to my new one than manually? I have quite a few and it would take me some time.

Thanks for any help you can give.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit; Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @nightowl,

These items, are they older than 2013 or created back in 1Password 1.x for Windows?

If yes, switch back to your .agilekeychain vault, locate one of the affected items to edit and press enter to save it without making any changes. It should update its modification timestamp. Now, copy this updated item to your .OPVault, is it working?

• nightowl
    nightowl
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent, that did the trick! Thank you, I'm guessing that if they were still in the old format the export/import function doesn't work?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @nightowl,

It's a cosmetic issue, the data is in there via OPVault format but there's no UI to bind them to. When you edit the older item in 1Password 4 for Windows, we update the template in the way that it will be viewable in 1Password 4 for Windows.

Here's how to quickly process these items:

1. Open the main 1Password program, switch to .agilekeychain vault
    2. Click on All folder on the bottom left
    3. Sort the items by date and select the oldest item, press 'enter' to edit it and then press 'enter' to save it, repeat until you reach 2014. Export all of most recently modified items today and import it into your OPVault.
This discussion has been closed.