User selectable font in 1Password for Windows?

Options

Hello,

I'm a happy 1Password user on many platforms (IOS, Android, Windows), but from time to time I wish I could change the font used in the Windows application.

Two different situations:

1) Depending on the system I use (laptop or desktop PC) and the pixel density of the screen, in some situations I find the font size too small and would appreciate to have the opportunity to increase the font size or temporarily magnify the password for better readability. One such situation is typing the dropbox password on a brand new mobile device on which I'm installing 1Password, in which case I can't just copy & paste the password.

2) Sometimes my random-generated passwords contains similar looking characters (lower case "l" letter and the "1" digit, for instance), and the small font size makes it easy to confuse one for the other.

All in all, I'd like to be able to select both a custom font and a custom font size to display the informations stored in 1Password, with a priority on font size.

Yes, I know I could wear glasses to help alleviate the need for a bigger or more readable font, but the need is going to increase over time, and I suspect I'm not alone in this situation! ;-)
And others password vault applications I've used in the past before 1Password let user change the font/font size, so it's probably not a totally crazy suggestion! I did read the "Windows High DPI settings", and yes it does make the text less blurry, but still too small to my taste.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:ebooks ios onepassword ios user guide.pdf, kb:undefined, kb-search:guides ios

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Euroclie: Thanks for the feedback! The bad news is that what you propose will never be possible with 1Password for Windows version 4. It uses older frameworks since it was designed to support legacy OS releases, and flexible typography and resolution scaling aren't something that can be tacked on. but the good news is that we're already working on the next major 1Password for Windows releases which won't have the same limitations. Since you're on Windows 10, you can get a sense of where we're headed by installing the beta from the Windows Store:

1Password for Windows 10 beta

While we don't currently have plans to allow fonts to be changed, better typography overall and the Large Type feature for displaying passwords clearly to differentiate between characters help a lot. :)

This discussion has been closed.