Chrome Extension not working

Options
pmdpmd
pmdpmd
Community Member
edited June 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Same problem as the others that I've already read about it here: chrome extension does not work. Tried everything.

Windows 10
Chrome 51.0.2704.103 m (64-bit)
1password 4.5.6.90

Really appreciate your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @pmdpmd
    Sorry to hear that you're amongst those having problems with the Chrome extension with Windows 10.
    Let's clarify what exactly is happening, while we wait for the Agile bits staff to arrive …
    1) Do you see the 1P button in Chrome's browser bar?
    2) Can you click the button, but get no reaction.
    3) Did you try installing the 1Password extension from the Chrome Web Store.
    4) Does the keyboard shortcut ctrl+\ open the 1Password mini browser?

Thanks for your patience.
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pmdpmd: Additionally, do you have "security" software or other extensions installed that may be interfering? There are a lot of folks out there using Chrome 51 with 1Password without issue, so if we can determine what's different in your case we should be able to come up with a solution. Thanks in advance! :)

• KevinStage
    KevinStage
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I've installed 1Password for windows 10, but the Chrome Extension says that "No matching items found, click to open 1Password"

any ideas?

Thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @KevinStage,

That means you're using 1Password 6 Beta for Windows and it also means it didn't find any Login item to fill. It is working, it is just not finding anything.

Make sure the URL matches the same between the saved URL in the Login item and in the browser's address bar.

We're working on improving the URL matching in 1Password 6 Beta but for the moment, it is strict about the URLs being the same.

• KevinStage
    KevinStage
    Community Member
    Options

hi mike, could you show me where to find the url and and where to enter it? ive tried playing with it, but im not having much luck..
    thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016
    Options

@KevinStage: The URL in Chrome is displayed at the top. In 1Password, you can select a login item to view its details, including the URL(s) saved. If you can give me an example of the URL for a site where you're having trouble and the URL you have saved, I may be able to offer a solution. Thanks in advance! :)

• pmdpmd
    pmdpmd
    Community Member
    Options

@rjh

Hi Rob, really apreciatte your help.

1) Yes
    2) I can click, but it opens a new tab and keep saying that the “helper” is not runing;
    3) Yes.
    4) No
    Thank you.

• pmdpmd
    pmdpmd
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty

I don’t have any security software neither any extensions. It is plain vanilla windows 10.

Thanks!

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @pmdpmd ,
    It's been a while since you first posted your problem.
    Sorry to hear that you've not been able to resolve it yet.

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling 1Password?
    To delete the app, just drag it to the trash — do not delete any of the apps data files.

Cheers,
    Rob

• KevinStage
    KevinStage
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Does the 1Password 6 chrome extension for windows work the same as the safari extension for mac? On Chrome for Windows, when I click on the extension it says that No matching items found, click to open 1password. I've tried to upload a picture, but it says the file type isn't accepted. What type of attachment is allowed?

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KevinStage: Ah that explains it. You're using the beta. Eventually it will be similar, but right now the 1Password for Windows version 6 beta doesn't have a full menu. It will offer you logins that match the current URL, and if none are found, it will display the message you described. Just make sure that you're using the 1Password 6 beta (and not the Windows Store app which does not yet have browser integration):

1Password 6 beta (Windows)

Regarding image attachments, I know that at least PNG and JPG are supported. What file type were you using?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pmdpmd: I'm sorry that you're still having trouble. At this point the best thing would be to send some diagnostic information so we can see what's going on there. Try to use 1Password in your browser again, and if you're getting the same error, go to the main 1Password app and type the following in the search box:

/log, then press Enter. This will open up our log window.

Click on the Save button on the top toolbar to save the log and then email it to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com along with a link to this discussion. We'll get this sorted out for you!

• pmdpmd
    pmdpmd
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty and @rjh Hi,

It's working now, thank you guys for the help!

regards

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! Thanks for the update. Can you tell me how you got it working? It may help others with a similar issue. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• alextripp
    alextripp
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the issue where the 1P icon shows in Chrome but I cannot click it. I can right click it and there is the remove from chrome, hide from menu bar, etc. But I can't left click it. I have the app running, and the hotkey works to bring the menu up, but it is also not auto filling any logins even though I have it set to autofill.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @alextrippp,

That sounds like an anti-malware solution interfering with 1Password. Can you reproduce the issue (so logs are generated) and email us your 1Password diagnostics report.

Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• alextripp
    alextripp
    Community Member
    Options

Email sent with logs.

• MikeT
    Options

Thanks, we got the email and will reply ASAP.

ref: KRP-82644-216

• chromeextension
    chromeextension
    Community Member
    Options

hello, i am new to 1password and tried everything but the chrome extension doesnt work. I am unsure at this point what to do, tried everything in the troubleshooting manual :/ attached is the error i keep getting.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @chromeextension,

Welcome to the forums! ;) Are you using any kind of antivirus software on your PC? It may interfere in the communication between 1Password app and extension. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• chromeextension
    chromeextension
    Community Member
    Options

I am, its a work pc so the anti virus is staying, any workaround?

• Hi @chromeextension,

We didn't say you have to remove it, you or your IT department do have to configure it though. What anti-malware solution is your work using?

• chromeextension
    chromeextension
    Community Member
    Options

Webroot Secure Anywhere?

• @chromeextension please follow this guide to enable 1Password in Webroot Secure Anywhere https://support.1password.com/cs/configure-webroot-secureanywhere/

This discussion has been closed.