How do I archive items to keep them from showing up in the drop down menu?

Options
ItsPhilD
ItsPhilD
Community Member

For example I have replaced my Debit card again today and have old card numbers. I don't want to delete them but I don't want to see in the drop down menu unless I should need them in the future.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How do I hide login item from appearing in drop down menu

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ItsPhilD,

Thanks for writing in with your question!

...I don't want to see in the drop down menu...

By "drop down menu", do you mean the 1Password browser extension / 1Password mini? If so, there's a setting you can use to prevent certain items from appearing there:

• Open the main 1Password app.
    • Select an item and click the Edit button at the bottom.
    • Change the 'display' setting to "Never display in browser".
    • Click the Save button.

Now that item will no longer be shown in the 1Password extension / 1Password mini. Follow those steps for each item you don't want to see listed in the extension.

I hope that helps, but if you have more questions about that or need anything else, just let us know! :)

• ItsPhilD
    ItsPhilD
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Drew, that has been bugging me for a few years.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could help! It's definitely a helpful feature, I use it for old credit cards too, as well as some other items.

We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

• tullyhansen
    tullyhansen
    Community Member
    Options

Oh wow, I've been moving old items to Trash for years (and never emptying it), this is a much better solution, haha. Thanks @Drew_AG!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1:

I do this every time I get a new credit or debit card. I also rename the card with a leading "x" to alphabetically sort it at the bottom of the list in the main app (since it doesn't show up in 1Password mini or the browser). For example, "x Bank of AgileBits Debit Card" or "x 1Passcard".

Since I used that example and it made me think of this… I don't know about you, but I would totally buy a hardware "1Password credit card" if it stored all of my cards just like the app. I've tried Coin, and I'm still waiting for several other products like it to actually ship. But so far I haven't been impressed by the actual success rate at different points of sale. One can dream!

• JetForMe
    JetForMe
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, thank you! One minor request I'd make: give me a shortcut to hiding this from the browser extension menu; that's when I most wish I could make things go away. Anyway, thanks!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JetForMe

You can edit items directly from the extension, just by hovering over them and clicking on "Edit" on the bottom right corner, no need to go to the main app to change this! :chuffed:

• JetForMe
    JetForMe
    Community Member
    Options

Oh yeah!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JetForMe If you have any other questions, we're always here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.