Sync Automatically between Android and Desktop Version

JfromBoston
JfromBoston
Community Member

Is there any way to sync my accounts between my Android G6 and my Desktop application? The button for Sync Automatically is not checked and it is greyed out. Also, I no longer have the ability to sinc to Dropbox since I chose to sync over Wi-fi. How can I switch between the two?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @JfromBoston. 1Password for Android allows you to configure sync with Dropbox, Wi-Fi, or local storage. However, once you have configured sync, it's not possible to switch sync methods without first resetting or reinstalling the app.

The reason the Sync automatically option is grayed out is because automatic sync isn't supported when using Wi-Fi. In order to initiate sync, you'll need to be pull to refresh from the Categories (or a single category) screen. You can also tap the three dots in the top right corner and tap Sync. This will trigger the Network Discovery Service to begin searching for your computer on the same network, so you'll need to make sure that 1Password is open and unlocked, and that the Wi-Fi sync window is open on that computer.

That said, would you prefer to continue syncing using Wi-Fi, or to switch to Dropbox. If you want to switch to Dropbox syncing, you certainly can. I recommend first syncing using Wi-Fi to make sure the vaults on your Android and computer are both up to date. Is your desktop a Mac or Windows computer? Also, do you already have the Dropbox app installed on the computer?

This discussion has been closed.