Not sure how to sync my mac computers and devices. I have a mac desktop and macbook pro.

danlinc49
danlinc49
Community Member

I'm trying to sync my computers and devices. Bought the $68 package on my macbook pro. I want to sync with my desktop but can't download app from my purchased list. Only see the app in the store at $68 cost.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @danlinc49,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help with this! It sounds like you need help to download 1Password on your desktop Mac as well as help to sync your 1Password data between both Macs, is that correct?

On your desktop Mac, it sounds like you're trying to download 1Password from the Mac App Store. Did you make your purchase from the Mac App Store or from our own AgileBits Store (i.e. on our website)? If you bought a license from our AgileBits Store, you'll need to download the 1Password app from our download site. (Apple doesn't provide a way to convert a license for the AgileBits Store version of 1Password to the Mac App Store version, so you won't be able to download it from the Mac App Store unless you've purchased it from there.)

On the other hand, if you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, you'll need to make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to buy 1Password. If you are, you should find 1Password listed in the Purchased section of the Mac App Store, and you can download it from there.

You also asked about how to sync your 1Password data between your Macs. Your best options will probably be to sync via Dropbox or iCloud. We have more information about the different sync options here: Sync your 1Password data

If you need more help to download 1Password or set up one of the sync options, please let us know. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.