Can't see details until I unlock 1Password in browser

beirne
beirne
Community Member

I just went into the 1Password Mac app to look up a password that I was going to type into my Android tablet(I'm rebuilding the tablet and don't have 1Password going there yet.). I typed in the search term ("anki") and got hits back, including Ankiweb, which was what I wanted. I clicked on Ankiweb, though, and it didn't give me the details. I didn't get the details on any other items I clicked on either. Finally, I happened to be on a web page in Firefox and the 1Password prompt came up there so I typed in my passphrase. After that I was able to view entries in the Mac App. I expected that as long as I was past the password prompt on the 1Password Mac program that I could see my passwords.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.BETA-6 (650006) AgileBits
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't see details until I unlock 1Password in browser

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @beirne,

This is rather puzzling. On Mac, if you're able to search 1Password, then it's already unlocked and should show you your item details. Just to clarify, are you searching in the search bar at the top of the item list in the main 1Password app?

I clicked on Ankiweb, though, and it didn't give me the details.

What do you see when you click on it, if not the item details? If possible, could you please include a screenshot in your response, but blur out any personal information, so we can get a better sense of what you're seeing? Thanks in advance for your response!

• beirne
    beirne
    Community Member

Yes, I'm searching in the search box on the upper right. The findings were listed down the left side, and to the right of the list was a white area with a watermark. I'll get a screenshot if it happens again.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@beirne,

If the main 1Password app and 1Password mini are not locking and unlocking in tandem, that can mean there are multiple copies of 1Password on your Mac. The main app is one copy and mini is another. Do you have more than one copy of the 1Password app in your Applications folder, Downloads folder, on your Desktop, or anywhere else on your Mac?

If that's not it, a screenshot of what you are seeing may give us the clue we need. :)

• beirne
    beirne
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

OK, it's still happening. Here are some screenshots.

It appears that both the application and mini are running from the same location.

And here is a screenshot of what 1Password looks like, with the names in the list cut out for posting. I can select the different findings in the list, but the white area with the 1Password watermark remains unchanged.

I also tried unlocking 1Password Mini and I could then view the items from within the main 1Password, but when i locked Mini the main 1Password did not lock, it just went back to not displaying the items I selected.

One other thing, looking at ps both the program and mini started at the same time, Wednesday evening at 7, so they should have started from the same place.

After that I exited both the program and mini and then started the program. After that when mini is locked the program is too.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks so much for those screenshots and additional details, @beirne! I see exactly what you mean now. I must say, that is a new one to me. Haven't seen anything like that in all my years working for AgileBits. So you win the prize for having a very unique issue, for whatever that's worth. :)

Does this issue persist after restarting your Mac? If it does come back, is it immediately reproducible? Or does 1Password behave normally at first?

If you are still having trouble, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• beirne
    beirne
    Community Member

After restarting both 1Password main and mini I've been unable to reproduce the problem, even after upgrades. I'll keep my eyes open for it but it looks like it was just a fluke. If it does happen again I'll run the diagnostics and send them up,

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the follow-up, @beirne! On one hand, I'm glad for you that you're not seeing this problem anymore, but on the other hand I'm slightly disappointed that we may never know what caused this interesting malfunction! So for your sake I hope it never happens again, but for our sake I'll look forward to the Diagnostics Report if/when it does rear its head again. ;)

Take care, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

This discussion has been closed.