Having trouble logging into some accounts from 1password login. Help! Am I doing something wrong?

Options
ebbesenjt
ebbesenjt
Community Member

I have an IMAC Version 10.11.5, OS X El Capitan 3.1 GHz, Intel Core i5. I am using Safari and am having trouble logging into some sites. I have 1password 6 installed.

What am I doing wrong??? Help!!

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: El Capitan 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am having trouble with Signing into some Logins

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ebbesenjt ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with 1Password logging into some sites via Safari.
    How does this problem manifest itself and does the problem arise with other browsers?

I'm sure that if we can learn more about your problem, someone will know a solution.

Cheers,
    Rob

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ebbesenjt

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. Can you please tell us some more details about what you're experiencing? In addition to what Rob asked you, it would be very helpful to have the url of the sites that are causing trouble.

I hope to hear back from you so we can get to the bottom of this :chuffed:

• ebbesenjt
    ebbesenjt
    Community Member
    Options

After putting my information into 1 password, web site and password when I open a site like Macy's from 1password it pulls up the site but I am NOT signed in. I have to go back to 1password and copy the password into the web page in order to sign in. I was under the impression that this should be an automatic feature once you open 1password and click on the web site from 1password.
    Maybe I am going about it the wrong way. Please let me know the EXACT steps to put in the web site and password information into 1password and the EXACT steps to open a web page and get 1password to sign me in automatically without having to use the copy feature from 1password. Thanks, Joanne

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ebbesenjt,

Thanks for the additional details about the problem you're running into! If I understand what you mean, it sounds like you created new Login items from within the main 1Password app and manually entered your username, password, and website address. Is that correct?

If so, that might help to explain why 1Password isn't correctly filling your username & password on websites. Instead of creating a new Login item from the main 1Password app, it's almost always better to save a Login item from the 1Password extension in your web browser. It's very easy, and we explain how to do that here: Use the 1Password browser extension to save and fill passwords on the web

If you've already saved a Login item for a particular site, 1Password may not automatically prompt you to save a new one for that site when you sign in. In that case, please follow these steps to save a new Login item for that site.

Once you save a new Login item (using either of the above methods), try signing into that site with that new Login. Does it work correctly this time?

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• ebbesenjt
    ebbesenjt
    Community Member
    Options

Drew THANKS so much for explaining the procedure and for the links to explaining the procedure. I think it is working now thanks to you. I do however have another question and that is, how one goes about changing an existing password to one that is more secure thru 1password. Is there a link that you can give me to explain that procedure. I would like to change some already existing passwords to more secure ones thru 1password if that is possible.
    Thanks for your help. Joanne E.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@ebbesenjt you'll probably find this knowledge base article helpful:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

Stephen

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ebbesenjt

I'm glad to hear that Drew's answer did the trick and 1Password is now working for you! On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! It's great that you want to improve your passwords and make them stronger! The link that Stephen gave you is exactly what you're looking for, I hope you enjoy the process of becoming more secure! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.