How do I log into website?

Msorkin
Msorkin
Community Member

I purchsed on Android play store. Do I have a license or account.. How do I log into website, and how do I get 1Password for windows computer?

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Hi @Msorkin , congratulations on your PlayStore purchase.
    Your question about 1Password can be answered as follows:

• Unless you opted to add an account for 1Password Families or Teams, you have a standalone license.

More information is available here.
    Your standalone license will allow you to synchronise your data via Dropbox or with a computer via WiFi.
    A Families (or Team) account would allow you to synchronise your date with multiple users via the AgileBits servers.

Instructions for logging on to a web site can be found here.

You can download the Windows version by following this link.

I hope that this helps, otherwise please post any further questions here. There is always someone around to help.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• Msorkin
    Msorkin
    Community Member

Thank you for the info. I purchased and installed the Android app on my phone. Can I log into the 1Password web site if I have a problem with the app in my phone, to recover the passwords I have created with Android app, or if the phone dies or is lost.?

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Hi again @Msorkin , Your standalone Android app does not store its data on the 1Password host, unless you subscribe to a Families (or Team) account.
    If you do not wish to use the subscription service, your options are:

• Sync your data to a Dropbox account
    • Sync your data with a computer that also has 1Password installed via WiFi

In the unfortunate case that you should lose your phone or it becomes inoperable, you can then download 1Password from the Play Store to a new device and then resynchronise your data — the only passwords you need to remember are your Master Password and the password you use to log in to Dropbox.
    If at some point you decide to change to IOS, the process is the same: purchase 1Password from the Apple Store and synchronise your already existing data.

Does this help? If not, I'm happy to answer further questions.

Cheers,
    Rob

• Hey @Msorkin. It looks like @rjh has done an awesome job in answering your questions. :)

You would indeed need a 1Password account in order to be able to access your data via the web app, as it's only available to 1Password Teams and Families users. However, you could configure sync like rjh mentioned, which would create a vault in Dropbox. or on another device. That way you'd be able to recover your data in case something happens to your Android device. :)

Let us know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.