Feature req - port numbers after domain names

Hello. I would like to suggest a new feature to be implemented. I'm using services that are on the same server/domain but located under different port numbers. For example www.anyhost.any:1111 and www.anyhost.any:2222 In this scenario, 1password cannot distinguish between the two and lists me the username and password for both in the browser when pusing the fill in button. Therefore i have to name these records carefully, so that i know which one i want to select. This is browser/OS/platform independent. Would be good if 1password would consider the port number as well when saving the login data for the given site. Thanks.

1Password Version: any
Extension Version: any
OS Version: any
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @dembala,

We've seen this request before but it isn't something on our to-do list right now. That isn't to say it may not be reconsidered but for the moment the benefit to the entire 1Password user base doesn't seem massive. One of the sad realities is there is always a finite amount of developer time so bugs and feature requests have to vie with each other. Bugs almost always have to take precedence and after that it's weighing up factors such as time to develop, how it betters 1Password and what percentage of our users will benefit from it.

Please don't interpret this as a flat out no, that isn't my intent. We do believe the list of potential improvements elsewhere though mean this isn't likely any time soon unless there was a compelling demand that we haven't realised.

ref: OPX-881

This discussion has been closed.