Can't sync (sync option not there or working)

Wael321
Wael321
Community Member

Hello 1Password Team. I am trying to Sync my data (got a new phone) and for the best of me I can't find Dropbox or the other Sync options under SETTING/SYNC !! All I see is : 1. wifi Sync (activated)
2. Sync automatically (inactivated nor highlighted)
3. Notification (Checked)

I haven't set Drop box when I first entered the MAsterword, etc.

Why don't I have Sync options? I couldn't Sync on my PC as well! Please help! I have the latest versions of everything.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Wael321. It sounds like you've already configured 1Password on Android to sync using Wi-Fi. 1Password on Android allows you to configure any supported sync solution, but once you've done so, it's not possible to change it without resetting or reinstalling the app. Since you've already configured Wi-Fi sync on your device. you'd then need to reset or reinstall to choose Dropbox. However, this will erase all data from your Android device, so can you confirm that your vault is up to date on the PC already? Or is your data only on Android?

• Wael321
    Wael321
    Community Member

Hi Peri. Thanks for the quick response Very good customer support as usual. No, actually my vault on laptop is not up to date. Couldn't sync with laptop either...even though both 1Password PC and android applications were open. The phone kept giving me a message saying : "Can't connect. Open 1password is on your computer and ensure wifi server is running". Please help me sync my data on laptop before I reinstall the app on android. Thanks.

• Thanks for the update, @Wael321. :)

First things first, I'd like you to export your vault on Android so that we have a current backup. Unlock 1Password for Android and tap Settings > Advanced > Export primary vault. This will create a backup vault (1Password.opvault) in your device's local storage. Then could you please connect the Android to your computer with a USB cable and copy this entire folder onto the computer? You should then be able to sync 1Password on your computer with this vault.

Once you've done that, your PC should have your up to date data, and then we can reset the app to reconfigure sync. Let me know how it goes!

• Wael321
    Wael321
    Community Member

Hi again. I did what you said. I tried with >backup>restore from back. Didn't work. I tried >import, still didn't work...when the windo opens it doesn't recognize the folder nor any of the files. Can't we do wifi sync instead? Please guide me. Thanks

• peri
    edited July 2016

Sorry @Wael321! I should have been more clear. This isn't a backup that you can restore on Windows. Instead, you'll need to sync with it. Launch 1Password on your PC and select File > Open 1Password Vault, then navigate to the .opvault folder you just copied onto your drive and select it. Do you have your data available there now?

• Wael321
    Wael321
    Community Member

Hi again...It worked ! :) After I uninstalled the PC 1password, restarted computer reinstalled it again. Now that I have my data in computer..How do I move them to the new phone? Another question please... the PC 1Password I have is a "Demo" version... does that mean that I may lose my data after a while? Please advise. All the best.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Wael321: Great! First and foremost, nothing will happen to your data when the trial expires. You'll still be able to access it, but editing will be limited. I'd definitely recommend Dropbox sync since it's automatic and supported on both Windows and Android:

Dropbox sync setup

That will allow you to keep your 1Password data up to date between those and any other devices you add in the future. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

• Wael321
    Wael321
    Community Member

@brenty: Thanks for your help guys..I installed 1password on my new Android device and managed to sync over wifi all my data. I chose wifi because Dropbox Desktop app simply won't download from their server to my laptop! But I guess that's their thing. Thanks anyways. I appreciate your help :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Wael321: That's really odd about not being able to download Dropbox, but I'm glad you were able to use the WLAN server instead! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.