syncing

Options
howwhy
howwhy
Community Member

I have an Apple computer, several Apple mobile devices and another computer running Windows 10. What is the best way to sync all these devices?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Have you paid for 1PW and if so, when?

The subscription model (Teams, Families, or individual) might be better than the stand-alone version if you have not yet made a purchase. It's your choice. Syncing is automatic with a subscription. I haven't followed this closely enough to know if the Windows 10 version is still in beta.

With the stand-alone version the best way to sync is using Dropbox. That needs setting up, but is fairly easy.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @howwhy,

I hope danco's reply was helpful for you! You can find some more information about each sync option here: Sync your 1Password data

The easiest way to sync your data is to sign up for a 1Password account - that's because all you need to do is sign into that account in 1Password on each device, and our servers take care of the rest. Danco mentioned the new version of 1Password for Windows which supports 1Password accounts - that version is currently in beta, but it's actually quite solid, and lots of customers with 1Password accounts are currently using it.

Without a 1Password account, Dropbox and iCloud are both great options for syncing 1Password data - however, syncing via iCloud isn't supported in 1Password for Windows, so in order to sync between Mac, iOS, and Windows (without having a 1Password account), you'd need to use Dropbox.

We're here for you if you have more questions about that. Cheers! :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I just want to add that if you don't want anything stored in the cloud, it is possible to use wifi sync from one computer to your iOS devices and folder sync between computers. The other methods are much easier, though, if you don't object to the cloud.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.