Why can't I see what I write in the data fields anymore?

when I write in the data fields in 1password I can't see the letters until I am finished.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why can't I see what I write in the data fields anymore?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @grahamlachlan,

You’ve posted in the 1Password for iOS forum, but from your description of the problem I suspect that you might be talking about 1Password 3 for Mac. Could you please provide the version information for 1Password and your operating system so we can better advise you?

• grahamlachlan
    grahamlachlan
    Community Member

I have password Version 3.8.22 (build32010).
    It is synched to my laptop and iPhone
    It was working perfectly until about a month ago when I was entering data in the first field for a new password and the characters were invisible until I had finished and moved to the next field. The password field likewise. I had to create a note instead as it was almost impossible to enter the data in the correct fields.
    I have just purchased the upgrade hoping that would fix it, but no.
    Most frustrating, as a long time user I have much data locked there.
    Graham

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for providing that version number, @grahamlachlan! I think that is precisely the problem. You can read more about the problem here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/237971/#Comment_237971

The good news is that I believe the problem should only present itself if you are running OS X El Capitan. Which also means that you can run the current version of 1Password (version 6) instead of that old copy of 1Password 3. I checked our system, and it looks like you bought a license for 1Password 6 yesterday. You just need to upgrade:

How to upgrade from 1Password 3 on your Mac

Let me know how it goes! :)

This discussion has been closed.