Fields added in the MAC version NOT visible in the PC version

I have started to work on my MAC almost exclusively since February and have not noticed this until now.
I create a new password or login on my MAC and then add fields to it like security questions and answers or other things that come up when I create a new account. All is good on the MAC. I can see all on my IPhone but the added fields are not there when I open 1Password on a windows PC. The fields are there even after I safe the windows version but I cant see them in Windows.

Why? and what can I do to fix this?
Syncing 1Password via dropbox.
All updated to the newest version of the software.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@eberhard67: It sounds like you may be using an old version of 1Password on one or more devices which cannot see of of the newer data. Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action. The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• eberhard67
    eberhard67
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

MAC 10.10.5
    1Password 6, Version 6.3.2
    IOS
    1Password Version 6.4.4
    PC Windows 10 Pro
    1Password Version 4.6.0.604
    I create a new Login on the MAC and add "Sections" with "Labels" and "Fields" to it. They are actually Passwords cause that's how I start when I register with a website. I create a new password and go from there.
    on Windows those sections are **NOT **visible. When I duplicate the login in Windows and view that on the MAC. the Sections have copied also but again NOT visible on the Windows Version.

• eberhard67
    eberhard67
    Community Member

I checked and this seems to be only for Passwords. You an add sections in MAC but you cant in Windows. And the ones you added in MAC are not visible in Windows since I am not supposed to add sections in the Windows version.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016

@eberhard67: Ah, thank you for clarifying! You're absolutely right, and I'm sorry for the confusion there. It sounds like you're modifying Password item in 1Password for Mac to add custom fields. Password items are automatically saved when generating a new password as a safety net in case a Login item isn't saved for some reason, and not meant to be used for saving complete login credentials. As such, 1Password for Windows does not support custom fields in Password items. That's definitely inconsistent and confusing, so I appreciate you bringing this up.

The best thing to do would be to use a Login item for that, since custom sections and fields are fully supported, and you'll also have the benefit of login filling in the browser.

However, I wasn't able to reproduce this with a Login item; I was able to save custom fields in 1Password for Mac and view them in 1Password for Windows. Please let me know the exact steps you're taking so I can look into that further as well!

This discussion has been closed.