CitiBank mobile - unable to access via 1PW

Options
tuni12
tuni12
Community Member

Am unable to log into Citibank mobile via 1PW on my iPhone6. Can do it through browsers but not 1PW. Same link, same addy....Am using 1 PW 6.4.4. on my iPhone. Was able to access the site until I had to wipe and restore my phone due to battery issues. I have deleted the citibank on-line app and re-installed via iTunes. When I try to access the Citibank mobile site, I am informed "this device is not recognized, please update your phone" and then it gives me the main Citibank on-line site. I assume I'm doing something dumb....but thought just a chance someone here at 1PW might have an idea, since the problem only exists with the iOS 1PW app. It works if I use a search engine.....any thoughts would be appreciated. thx

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @tuni12,

No worries, I cleaned up the duplicate posts. :)

It may very well be that as part of their login process Citibank is checking for specific versions of specific browsers, instead of testing browser capabilities. If that is the case, and they don't have 1Browser (1Password's built-in browser) on their list, that would explain what you are seeing.

You may find that using the 1Password extension within Safari works to access this site:

Enable the extension | 1Password for iOS

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, took a lot of thinking over the past few days, and I came to just about the same conclusion. I made the necessary changes in Safari however, this means, I think, that I can't access Citibank on my phone from my 1PW for iOS - is that correct. I will have to go to Safari or use the Citibank app on the phone. Am I correct in this assumption? thx

• @tuni12

If accessing Citibank from within 1Browser is important to you adjusting the "user agent" setting in 1Password > Settings > 1Browser to Safari (iPhone) may help.

Personally I find the Safari extension to be much more convenient, but that'll depend on your workflow I suppose.

Ben

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

thx, Ben - so I am correct that I cannot access the Citibank mobile form 1 PW - have to go to Safari or the downloaded citibank app itself. I was surprised to learn I can't use 1PW (fill) for this. This is the 1st time I've encountered this issue. I can use 1PW for all other financial institutions.....seems strange that Citibank Mobile doesn't permit access since Citibank on my Desktop (MBPro) is now problem at all using the 1PW (fill).

• @tuni12,

As I mentioned it seems the problem may be that Citibank is checking for specific browsers, and 1Password is not/would not be on their list. You may be able to work around that using the instructions in my last post. That will essentially cause 1Browser to tell websites that it is Safari, but you'll still be using 1Browser.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.