iPhone and Windows not syncing from Mac via Dropbox

Dropbox sync stopped working from main Mac to an iphone and two windows pc's (but 1password data is complete and backed-up on the mac). There are several 'conflicted copies'. How do I get things working again? Empty all files from dropbox and uninstall 1password from the iphone and two pc's? And do I need to remove anything from local directories on mac, iphone, and the two windows pc's? And then point the various machines to a clean dropbox?

Comments

• Thanks, Brent
    I did the test from the mac and the contents.js did not update and no new file appeared after the last one in the listing, which is dated about 10 days ago. The new item did not sync to the PC i'm using to write this reply.
  • nimo
    edited August 2011
    Hello, Stu: Yes, the test file stored into dropbox from the mac does go dropbox and I can see it in my view of dropbox from the PC.

But 1Password is not fully synchronized with pc's via dropbox. On the PC I am still missing some of the 1 password items i added to 1password a while ago from my Mac. The items are visible in 1password on the mac but not in 1password on the PC. And the new test item I added per Brent's reply did not propagate over to the PC.

Disconcerting.

I have backup of my good data on the Mac. I don't understand how all the pieces fit together in the 1Password folders. I am only a user.

Can I empty dropbox, uninstall 1pw from pc's and just start over from the mac? Or will this just propagate the old conditions into the new setup? Or is there a better way to start over and get a proper listing of items on the pc's??
  • This is what I had to do:
    1. on my mac- I opened 1P> let it sync
    2. on my iPad- I opened 1P> went to settings> sync> dropbox> reset> start over> turn on Dropbox Sync> enter credentials (if missing)> hit next
    3. on my iPod touch & iPhone4- I opened 1P> went to more> settings> sync> dropbox> reset> start over> turn on Dropbox Sync> you may or may not have to enter your master password> enter credentials (if missing)> hit next
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, TekSone. That is a great way to reset syncing across multiple devices.
This discussion has been closed.