1Password Master Password Not Working

Options
KyleMaier
KyleMaier
Community Member

I recently had to reset my phone and set up as a new device, As a result I had to reinstall all my apps due to a bad icloud back up. When I installed 1Password my master password is no longer working. I use Dropbox to sync and have not had any issues in the past when changing phones or reinstalling the app. I did recently try a trial of 1Password for desktop but did not change my password. I am accessing the same vault file from Dropbox but my password is no longer working. Any help will be useful as i have a few years worth of passwords in this vault.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KyleMaier

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with your Master Password. Are you able to access your data on other devices? When did you first notice that you couldn't access 1Password anymore? First of all, I think you should go through this guide and see if any of the advice in here helps you sort it all out: https://support.1password.com/master-password/

It will guide you through all the first steps that can help you recover access to your data. If this doesn't do the trick we'll see if there's anything else that we can try. Please let us know how this turns out for you!

• LightYear
    LightYear
    Community Member
    Options

In case anyone else comes looking for a solution, I recently had an issue where my Master Password was suddenly rejected on one device (MacBook) but not on any others. There had been a subtle little glitch (typed password in to 1Password mini, hit enter and nothing happened) that gave me enough hope that the issue was recoverable.

I eventually fixed it by going 1Password 6->Help->Troubleshooting->Restart 1Password mini. As soon as 1Password mini restarted, all was right with the world again.

• rudy
    Options

@LightYear,

I'm not sure if that will be helpful to iOS users, since they don't have a mini process. But its good to hear that relaunching mini resolved the issue for you.

Rudy

• LightYear
    LightYear
    Community Member
    Options

Mmm, good point. Despite being iOS specific, this thread is top 5 for many related Google searches, so might catch a few. The support page is great too, but all my searching kept bringing me to this thread.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.