To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Just begun using but it won't sync data from PC to ipod and iphone automatically. Tried using icloud

Options
lesleyyoga
lesleyyoga
Community Member

I just signed on for the 30 day free trial. Downloaded on PC and put in 2 credit card numbers. Signed in also on ipod and iphone and thought the credit card info should also be there but there is nothing. I thought it synced across Windows/IOS automatically. What do I do? If it's this hard, I'l try another password keeper!

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: automatic?
Referrer: forum-search:Just begun using but it won't sync data from PC to ipod and iphone automatically

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lesleyyoga

I'm sorry to hear that you're finding 1Password hard to use, but I'm glad that you got in touch with us so we can help :chuffed:

You need to add your account on your Windows machine as well, I think that's what's missing here. You also need to make sure you've downloaded 1Password 6 BETA and not 1Password 4 for Windows to make sure you can add your account.

If you have any questions or bump into any trouble please let us know and we'll sort it out :chuffed:

• lesleyyoga
    lesleyyoga
    Community Member
    Options

How can I tell which 1password program I have? I just downloaded the one that came up on the main website.I think it might be 4.3.1 as I remember seeing that somewhere. Do I need to uninstall it and reinstall 1password 6? And how do I add an account to my Windows computer? Does it ask you to do that? If so, I would have done it.

• lesleyyoga
    lesleyyoga
    Community Member
    Options

I think I must have an account because I get the home screen and I have data in my vault. It just isn't working to connect with websites where I want to login eventually with my master password.

• @lesleyyoga The easiest way would be by what the app looks like. Here's a screenshot of 1Password 4 for Windows:

1Password 6 is a bit different, and it has support for accounts like yours:

If you're not using 1Password 6, please install that from our downloads page and sign in to your account there. You can import your existing data from 1Password 4 if you have some stored there as well. Then uninstall 1Password 4 from your computer so it doesn't conflict with version 6.

I think I must have an account because I get the home screen and I have data in my vault. It just isn't working to connect with websites where I want to login eventually with my master password.

Is 1Password asking for your Master Password in the browser? You don't need to use it every time you want to use your passwords in the browser, just when you first unlock 1Password. Installing 1Password 6 should help with this, and it should be smoother going forward.

Let us know how things go. :)

This discussion has been closed.