Stop asking to save a password for a certain site

Options

I found an answer you provided in 1P 3 from 2013 for a similar issue, but can't find anything more recent on this topic, and the old advice doesn't work now.

Scheme is like this: I use 1P to log into a site, where I need to access a second party's content (this is a site where a filmmaker submits a film and provides the password to use). Every time I need to enter the password for the USERs content, 1P asks if I want to save it. No, I don't.

Is there a way to do that? Maybe not, because I do need the 1P entered for the "first level" access, but what I want to not be asked about is the password for the film INSIDE the main site I logged into.

as an incidental, I guess, I would like to be able to submit a URL to not be asked about....

This is annoying, but not the end of the world.

Thanks,

Thanks, Pat

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: wiFi

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @xyzsail,

Thanks for writing in to ask us about that!

You can definitely have 1Password stop showing you the autosave prompt for certain sites. The next time you see that prompt on that site, you can click the 'gear' icon in the lower-left corner of the dialog and choose "Never Autosave for this Site":

Alternately, from the main 1Password app, go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar, then select the Browser tab. There, you can enter the domain you want to exclude from autosave in the box near the bottom, under "(except on the following domains)".

Filling is different from saving, so you'll still be able to have 1Password fill your username/password on that site's main sign-in page.

Hopefully this helps, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know! :)

• archifishal
    archifishal
    Community Member
    Options

You say that, but there is no 'gear' icon in the bottom left of the dialog...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@archifishal: Sorry for the confusion! The original poster was using 1Password for Mac, so Drew was replying with instructions based on that. He didn't know you'd show up! ;)

It appears that you're using the new 1Password Windows desktop beta. In that case, you can add exclusions in 1Password Settings > Options > Browser. I hope this helps! And be sure to join us in the Windows beta category of the forums if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions specific to that version. Cheers! :)

• archifishal
    archifishal
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty no worries - I didn't realise til a day or two ago that the window is provided by the platform app rather than the browser extension :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @archifishal,

Don't worry, we see that confusion all the time and when you see something that often it means it isn't clear. I suppose it really only becomes important when troubleshooting though so if everything is working correctly you and I don't care if it's the extension or the application, just as long as it appears when it should :lol: If you have other questions about 1Password at all please do post, especially as you're using the 1Password 6 for Windows beta. Documentation will catch up but at the moment the dev team set such a pace the poor docs team don't stand a chance.

This discussion has been closed.