Amazon AWS Console

I am trying to sign into Amazon AWS console and the 1Password defaults to "I am a new user" and not "I am a returning user
and my password is:" is there a way to change this with the URL as the password is involved to type and prone to errors ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016

@clickdigital: I'm not sure I understand what you're asking about the URL. Maybe knowing the URL would help. And in order to test it, we'll really need to know some information you left out of your post: please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extensions versions you're using so we can investigate! :)

Otherwise, in many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• clickdigital
    clickdigital
    Community Member

Hi,

OS = Mac 10.12.1
    Browser: safari
    1Password: v6
    URL http://aws.amazon.com/console
    Select MyAccount and "AWS Management Console"

You will see the required email and "I am a new user" OR "I am a returning User" with an input dialogue. In all my attempts to get this working the default is "I am a new user" which then throws an error. I can not get 1Password to remember the option I am a returning user and enter the password.

I can't send you the URL that is generated directly as adds all sorts of session info etc

best
    Gordon

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@clickdigital: Thanks! We've had issues with radio buttons in the past, so I wanted to be sure, but...I didn't have any trouble saving and filling two different logins there: one to select "new" and another to fill as "returning user".

You didn't mention which version of 1Password or the extension you're using, so I couldn't try to exactly replicate your setup. I'm still wondering if that's a factor here. But I think most significantly, the page seems to default to "returning user", so I'm not sure how it explain what you're describing. Did you try saving a new login as I suggested above? We'll get to the bottom of this!

• clickdigital
    clickdigital
    Community Member

Hi
    The extension version of 1Password was 4.6.1, I thought you were referring to 1Password the app which is showing as 6.3 I mentioned 6 above.

I have just cleared the history in my browser and re installed the plugin. On visiting the page I also get the default of "returning user" however having followed your instructions and tried again with 1Password allocating the username/password the default changes to "new user" so I suspect this is a case of 1PW not being able to cater for the radio buttons

1) I have tried saving login as you describle
    2) extension version 4.6.1
    3) 1PW app version 6.3 (sorry not 6 as first mentioned)
    4) Cleared history in browser
    5) Re set login as per instructions from settings gear
    6) Selected login from list and
    7) Autofill is disabled ie no boxes checked - I have just tested it again page loads to returning user and 1PW switched radio to new user ?

Cheers
    Gordon

• ct323i
    ct323i
    Community Member

Hi I'm having the same issue! When I try to use a login that was saved and previously working, it automatically selects the "I am a new user" radio button which disables the password field.

Platform: Mac
    1Password Version: 6.3.2 (19)
    1Password Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
    Chrome Version: 53.0.2785.143 (64-bit)

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Sorry about that, @ct323i. Like Brenty said, we have had issues with properly saving and filling radio buttons in the past. Beyond that, though, if the page changes such that 1Password isn't able to match the radio buttons it "sees" on the page with the radio button it previously saved, then it won't be able to restore the selection. Saving a new Login should help in those cases.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• ct323i
    ct323i
    Community Member

Thanks, I have tried this too. I have deleted the login that was saved, closed the browser, re-opened the browser and login page, entered the login details manually and selected the correct ratio button, then choose Save new Login from the 1Password browser extension menu, and then when trying to use 1Password to login it incorrectly switches back to the wrong ratio button every time.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@ct323i The 1Password version you listed above (6.3.2) does not have the fix for radio buttons and the fix will be in 6.5. I really thought this fix was already more widely available, so I'm really sorry for the misinformation. When 6.5 comes out, could you please try saving a new Login one more time and let us know if that helps?

• ct323i
    ct323i
    Community Member

Hi all, I updated:
    1Password Version 6.3.5 (635001) Mac App Store
    1Password Extension Version 4.6.1.90
    Google Chrome Version 54.0.2840.87 (64-bit)
    Mac OS X 10.11.4 (15E65)

And went to the AWS sign in page at https://console.aws.amazon.com/console/home and saved a new login and the problem persists where it changes the ratio button and does not enter the password.

Any other tips?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@ct323i Please note in my previous comment this fix will be in 6.5, so it's not available as a stable release just yet.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @ct323i,

Until the improved filling code is available to everybody can you try creating what I call a basic Login item, one created from inside the main 1Password window and not in the browser. Does that work any better? With no knowledge of the radio button at all it should leave the radio button alone which works for pages where you don't want the default setting changed. Like Jamie I will be quite happy when this improved filling code is available to everybody :smile:

• ct323i
    ct323i
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables just tried that, it doesn't fill in anything at all on this login

• ct323i
    ct323i
    Community Member

@jxpx777 ahhhh I misread your message, thought it said 6.3.5!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

No worries! Thanks for your patience while we work to put the finishing touches on 6.5. :)

This discussion has been closed.