Unable to sync with older iCloud Sync account

Options
jesusfreak3330
jesusfreak3330
Community Member

I am attempting to sync over iCloud with my primary vault. I used a password that I now can't remember for said iCloud sync. Now I cannot get back into to merge my current vault with my old one over iCloud. Are there any steps that I could take to remedy this situation, or am I going to be forever unable to merge via iCloud with said vault.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jesusfreak3330,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! Sorry to hear you forgot the old master password for the 1Password data in iCloud.

Do you have all your latest data in the 1Password app on your Mac? If so, and you don't need the older 1Password data in iCloud, you can erase it from iCloud so you can sync your new data there:

• Open the 1Password app and go to Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data.
    • Confirm you want to reset it by clicking "Yes, Remove Remote Data".
    • After a moment you should see a message that confirms the data was reset and sync was disabled (click OK).
    • Go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar, then click the Sync tab.
    • Change the sync setting for your Primary vault from None to iCloud.
    • If a sign-in page opens on Apple.com, sign in using your Apple ID.
    • Click Start Syncing (the initial sync may take a few minutes - make sure you allow it to complete).

Does that help? Please let us know how it goes or if you have any questions about that. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.