Cannot find WLAN setting on Android phone

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Use Google Drive to sync.

Comments

• BananaPhone
    BananaPhone
    Community Member
    Options

Also I tried to check if I could sync my Android via WiLAN but I don't have the option on my phone so...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BananaPhone,

I hope you don't mind, but I moved your message about the Android version of 1Password to our Android forum so you can get more help with this if necessary. :)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble setting up the WLAN Server! Can you please verify that you're following the steps for Android here: https://support.1password.com/wlan-server/?android

If what you're seeing on your device doesn't match those steps, please let us know exactly what you're seeing instead, and we should be able to figure this out one way or another. Thanks in advance! :)

• BananaPhone
    BananaPhone
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi Drew, thanks for replying.
    Yea I'm kinda mad I can't use Google Drive but I gave it a thought with what 1Pass can do right now.
    So my situation, I have 4 devices. 1 PC, 1 Mac, 1 Android phone and an iPad.
    Sooo, I understand I can use Google Drive to sync a regular folder that has 1Pass that my PC and Mac can normally access and use.
    The problem starts with my phone and tablet. I read that I can use my Mac as a WiFi Server to sync the phone and the tablet. I found the option on my iPad but I didn't find it on my phone. Both apps are up to date, latest version.
    This is what I see on my phone exactly:

So yea, that's an issue.
    I also have two questions:
    1- Can I sync my phone and tablet at the same time with my Mac, not at the same moment, but as in "established sync" or "connected devices"?
    2- What happens if my Mac and Windows decided to sync the passwords file via Google Drive at the same moment? It's unlikely to happen since I won't be adding new logins on both computers at the same second, but what would happen anyways?

• Hi @BananaPhone. Thanks for the added info and screenshot. From the image, it looks like you've configured 1Password on Android to sync using Dropbox. With 1Password 6 for Android, once you have configured sync, it's not possible to change the sync method or path without first resetting the app, so to choose an alternative to Dropbox, that's what you'll need to do.

First things first, launch 1Password on Android and sync your data to make sure that all of the latest changes have successfully synced to Dropbox. Then go to your device settings and tap Apps > 1Password > Storage > Clear Data. This will clear everything fro 1Password allowing you to start over. Launch 1Password on Android and tap USE WITHOUT AN ACCOUNT, and you'll see the sync options on the next screen. Choose local storage if you wanted to sync a .agilekeychian folder through a Google Drive app on Android, and choose WLAN server if you wanted to go that route.

Let us know how it goes! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.