Fingerprint doesn't working well on Nougat

guillaumeserton
guillaumeserton
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Android

Hello,

I'm now under android nougat 7.1 and the fingerprint is not working well, sometimes it works, sometimes not at all. Mainly when 1P is calling from an app login with the 1P Keyboard.

My phone is a OnePlus 3.

1Password Version: 6.5 Beta 3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7.1
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• Hello again, @guillaumeserton! Thanks for reporting this issue to us. :)

What happens when you attempt to unlock using your fingerprint? Does the Fingerprint Unlock dialog become unresponsive?

There are a couple of bugs we squashed in the 1Password Keyboard in our latest beta. There is another issue we are monitoring that causes 1Password's lock screen to be unresponsive after the device screen times out. From our testing, it appears this issue is only present in Android 7.1 beta and can be resolved by switching apps and returning back to 1Password. I am wondering if this may be related to what you reported above.

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

Hi @saad
    Yep, it does nothing :( becoming unresponsive.
    For example, i just started the 1P app (not from the 1P Keyboard), and the fingerprint doesn't respond. I close the app, restart it and it's working well. Like you said, after a sleep time, it's unresponsive.

• Thanks, @guillaumeserton. It sounds like this is the same issue we are monitoring with the device sleep behaviour on Android 7.1 beta. We will continue to look over this issue and figure out what is causing it.

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

Hope you can find it very fast.
    Since i have the fingerprint, having now to type my full password is a mess :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I hear you. Thanks for your patience! We'll get to the bottom of this.

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

Just to let you know, under another custom rom with 7.0 i haven't this issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for following up! That's good to know. :)

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

But still not good on Cyanogen 14.1 or any custom rom based on it.

• Thanks @guillaumeserton. We are hoping to get this issue fixed soon! :)

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

Hello, any news on this topic?

• No news at the moment, but we have prioritized this issue. Hopefully I'll have news for you soon, @guillaumeserton. :)

This discussion has been closed.