gregorysims
gregorysims
Community Member

i need help going from 4.5.3 on old iPhone4s to new version on iphone6splus

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:i need help going from 4.5.3 on old iPhone4s to new version on iphone6splus

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gregorysims

Thank you taking some time to write to us, and congratulations on your new iPhone! As long as you have both devices available for a bit you can easily sync them via Dropbox. In this case, iCloud won't work, as iCloud sync was only implemented on a later version of 1Password. You can find the instruction to sync via Dropbox here: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/ . Could you please take a look at them and let us know if you have any questions?

Please let us know how all this goes and if you're able to get all your data into your new iPhone :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@pilar,

Going from 1Password 4.5.3 to 6 should be free as it was free for me going from 4.5 to 5.0/5.5 to 6.x with Pro features included.

• Ben
    Options

@wkleem,

It is, as long as you use the same Apple ID as the original purchase was made on. :)

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben

I have a spare 1Password for iOS purchase still at v4.3.2 not upgrades yet as I use a different AppleID. Is there a cut off point for purchases to become ineligible for upgrades?

• Ben
    Options

That is a difficult question to answer. From our perspective... no, there is no cut off point at which you would no longer be able to download 1Password 6 for iOS and continue to use the Pro features with it. But because of how the App Store works there may be an Apple imposed cut-off. If for example 1Password 7 for iOS were released as an update to 1Password 6 for iOS, but the Pro features were released as a paid upgrade in that version, it is possible you would no longer be able to download v6 at that point.

As such, as always, our recommendation would be to use the latest version.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.