Feature Request - Unlock Mac 1Password with Apple Watch

mbsneider
mbsneider
Community Member

Users of Macs without the new TouchBar and TouchID sensor but who have the Apple Watch are able to unlock their Mac simply by having the watch signed in to their iCloud account and active on their wrist. They can also activate Apple Pay on the web by acknowledging their purchase on their watch. No new TouchID-equipped Mac required.

Now, 1Password users can unlock their Mac app with the TouchID sensor.

What would be great is if Apple Watch users could unlock the 1Password app with a simple tap on their wrist -- or even automatically like unlocking a Mac out of sleep. No touchbar/touchID required.

Is this possibly a feature that can be implemented?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @mbsneider,

Thanks for your feedback, we have some ideas on how to make this a reality but don't have anything to announce at this time.

Rudy

• mbsneider
    mbsneider
    Community Member

Great, thanks for at least looking in to it.

• @mbsneider,

No problem! many of us still have those macs without Touch ID so we're keen on the idea :)

Rudy

• Amator
    Amator
    Community Member

Here's another request for the same feature. I love the new touchbar MBPs, but I'm at least a year or two from an upgrade. Since being logged into the AW grants authentication for Apple Pay, it seems reasonable to implement 1P access as well, or at least have it as an option that is not selected by default but can be enabled.

Thank you.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know you'd be interested in that! It would definitely be handy, although I have a feeling it's also an "easier said than done" type of feature, so I don't know if it will be feasible for our developers to add that. But like Rudy said, many of us also have Macs without Touch ID, so you're not alone. :)

This discussion has been closed.