I have purchased 1password from app store on my mac. But now my account is frozen.

I paid 4000 INR for it. But the account is frozen now and its asking me to pay monthly.
Why ? There seems to be something wrong.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.12
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:why is my account frozen ?

Comments

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

It's not always clear (particularly with App Store purchases) that there are two ways of buying 1PW, a subscription or a one-time purchase. You only have an account if you subscribed (or tried out), and an App Store purchase is a one-time purchase.

For the differences, see https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/whats-the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest.

If you want a subscription, you can see if Apple will give you a refund (unfortunately AgileBits have no control over this). Or you can continue without an account using the App Store purchase. Even with a frozen account your passwords are accessible, and you should be able to move them into your Primary vault and then continue.

• I dont want a subscription. I want to use 1password normally as I have been using it for last 1 month.
    But with a frozen account I am not able to use 1password. It's in readonly mode. I cant edit, delete or add data to it. It practically useless to me now.

You said

"and you should be able to move them into your Primary vault and then continue."

Will this bring 1password to normal functionality ? If yes, how do I do it ?

• JacobJacob

Team Member

Hi @bilalfazlani! I'm sorry for the confusion. 1Password accounts are paid with subscriptions, which is why you can't use your account without subscribing at this point. If you'd like to use 1Password with the Mac App Store purchase you made instead, you can do that. Create a vault outside your account so you have somewhere to put things:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Choose 1Password -> Preferences from the menu bar, then click Advanced.
    3. Check the "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" box and enter your Master Password when prompted.

Then move the items stored in your account to the new Primary vault you created. Lastly, sign out of your account by choosing 1Password -> Preferences -> Accounts -> Sign Out. You're welcome to delete your account from its profile page as well if you don't plan to use it in the future. Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.