Can't sync 1password on Mac with Android using wifi

MhdAljuboori
MhdAljuboori
Community Member

I'm having the same problem here, I'm trying to Sync my android device with my Macbook Pro, everything is fine but after the Sync finished (on setup) I get message "communication stopped" and I can't Sync again from settings.

I'm using:
1password 6.4.5 on Android and 6.5.2 on Mac
Android 5.0
MacOs Sierra 10.12.1

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MhdAljuboori: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Have you made changes to your setup that may have precipitated this (network, OS, etc.)? It sounds like something may be interfering with 1Password's communications between devices. Please follow the steps in this guide, as it will help narrow down the cause:

WLAN Server troubleshooting

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• MhdAljuboori
    MhdAljuboori
    Community Member

Tried them all didn't work for me, I've sent diagnostics report.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MhdAljuboori: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: VLY-38813-258

• saad
    edited November 2016

Hey @MhdAljuboori! Thank you for sending us the diagnostic report, we looked over it and it seems WLAN server sync is working correctly between your Mac and your Android device. In order for WLAN server sync to work, both your mobile and desktop devices must be on the same local network with the 1Password app open. Because of this requirement, automatic sync is not available for this sync option and you must manually start sync every time you want to sync changes between both devices. There are two ways you can start sync:

• Tap on the overflow menu (3 vertical dots) in the action bar, and select Sync.

OR

• While viewing your list of items or categories, touch on the list and drag your finger down as you do to scroll. You will see a pull-to-refresh icon and this will start sync.

Let us know if that works for you! :)

• MhdAljuboori
    MhdAljuboori
    Community Member

Ops, I'm really sorry for the noise, I thought Sync should work when I reopen Sync from the settings of 1Passwords Android App. now it's working, again sorry for the noise :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, no problem! Honestly it's partially my fault for misunderstanding your description. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to, and explain that earlier. I thought you weren't able to sync at all after the first try! Frankly, it would be much nicer to have it be automatic, so perhaps we can add that capability in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.