If subscribe to Family Plan can we convert back to one-time licenses?

I have been setting up my Mom on her iPad and iPhone and she is still really nervous about buying anything online, but she is also struggling with all her passwords currently stored on paper. I really want to get her onto 1password, but it's been a difficult push. I just saw a promotion though for one year of the family plan. I already have a one-time license for all my devices (and probably won't mess with that for the moment) but if I pick up the family plan for a year for her today would I have the option of moving her passwords over to a one-time license next year (presuming one is still for sale at that time) or would her data be incompatible.

For all I know it might be best to switch us all over to the Family plan next year, but the day will soon be over and I would like to know if I should pick it up for her today.

Thanks in advance :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

She could certainly move back to a licenced version (which AgileBits currently plan to continue selling).

But if you are supporting her I think that, even for you, the family version is an excellent choice. Go for it!

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@willmunroe: While ultimately this is a pretty personal decision, I agree with danco. For me, I prefer 1Password Families since it makes it easier for me to help my loved ones stay secure — and easier for them as well, since they don't have to worry about licenses or syncing.

Sharing is a huge benefit as well. Even if you don't anticipate needing that now, if and when you do, it's easy, and a great way to give loved ones access to information they'd need if something happened to you, or vice versa. And unless you have a large family, a 1Password Families subscription won't cost you anything extra to add someone.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.