I can't install the add-on in Firefox...

scottemer
scottemer
Community Member

I can't install the add-on in Firefox... I keep getting "the add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure" message. I even uninstalled the old add-on to see if that was the issue, but that didn't help and now I have no add-on at all...

Comments

• Ulf_Funke
    Ulf_Funke
    Community Member

Hi
    I updated my MAC version to the newest one (6.5.2). Then I used Sahara to go to https://d13itkw33a7sus.cloudfront.net/dist/1P/ext/1Password-4.6.2.xpi and the download started automatically. In the Download directory, I double clicked on the file, but no program was known to open files with this extension. Some proposals showed up, but I had to allow "all programs" to see Firefox without the grey shade. Clicked on Firefox, then "open" and the extension was installed. That was it. Hope you have success, too.
    All the best,
    Ulf

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the assist, @Ulf_Funke! :)

@scottemer, the suggestion from Ulf_Funke should work, but you might also want to make sure that you have the latest stable version of Firefox installed. You can check for updates by going to Firefox > About Firefox. If an update is available, please install it (the latest is currently 50.0.1).

You can also try temporarily disabling any anti-virus / firewall / other security software that might be blocking you from downloading/installing the extension. If you have other extensions in Firefox, one of those might be causing this.

If none of that helps, you can try Ulf_Funke's suggestion of downloading the Firefox extension from a different browser. Here are some specific steps in case they help:

• Open the following link in Safari (or Chome): https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions
    • Click the Show all extensions link.
    • Click the Install button for Firefox in order to download the extension.
    • Find the downloaded .xpi file in your Downloads folder and drag it into a Firefox window.
    • Firefox should ask if you want to install the extension - click Install.

If you have trouble dragging the extension into a Firefox window, you can double-click the .xpi file that you downloaded. It should give you the option to Choose Application, and when you click that, a dialog will open so you can pick Firefox (if Firefox is grayed out, change the "Enable" popup menu to All Applications, and then you'll be able to choose Firefox).

Please let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.