1Password does not update automatically. When trying, I get the message "SSL-Fehler"

Options
Wolle235
Wolle235
Community Member

1Password does not update automatically. When I try to update via menu "Look for an new version" Get a message that the update does not work because a SSL-problem occurred. A secure connection can not build.
To Update 1Password I have to download the Programm via Safari. Then it works. I bought my program before the App store has been installed. So I can not use it for updating the program.

1Password Version: Version 6.5.2
Extension Version: 652003
OS Version: OS X 10.12.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:When looking for updates out of 1Password, I get the message "SSL-Fehler" in OS X 10.12.2

Comments

• @wolle235,

when was the last time you restarted your machine? There was an issue with one of the providers higher up in our SSL chain that had to re-issue their cert, we've seen that become cached on various user's machines and result in the behavior you're seeing.

The remedy as i recall, was to restart the machine to clear the cache.

Rudy

• Wolle235
    Wolle235
    Community Member
    Options

I started my computer this morning. The error occures before that "Telecom issue".

Wolle

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi @Wolle235,

If you have the same problem after (re)starting your Mac, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac. First, try to update 1Password again, and after you get the error, follow the steps here: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

ref: GFB-28267-399

This discussion has been closed.