ablind
Community Member

What did I get with the $70 app if anything

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

There are two reasons why this might happen.

1. Nowadays there are both a subscription method of using 1PW and a one-time licence. The actual program is the same for both, and it is all too easy in the initial setup of 1PW to go the subscription route even if you purchased the licence. In that case , as you have not paid the subscription fee, you will be told you are on a trial. If you started by using an "account", that would be the subscription, as the licence version does not have an "account".
    2. If you purchased direct from AgileBits you would have a licence, but the licence has to be ,applied; 1PW does not get the licene just by purchasing. You would have received an email (which sometimes gets caught in the user's spam) with a link to click that completes the licencing.

We can't tell from the info you give which of the two has happened. Give a bit more information and you will be helped, either by AgileBits staff or by experienced users such as myself.

1PW is an excellent program, but it can be hard to set up initially.

• ag_TJLuoma
    ag_TJLuoma
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ablind

Just to second what @danco said, it's impossible to tell, but if you recently bought a license and would prefer a subscription, email support [ at ] agilebits.com and they may be able to help you make the transition,

Thanks

Tj

• ablind
    ablind
    Community Member
    Options

I bought through Itunes and didnt receive an email showing the license? What now - Call support?

• ag_TJLuoma
    ag_TJLuoma
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ablind

If you bought it through the Mac App Store then you don't need a license but you do need to download it from the Mac App Store and not from 1Password.com

If you have signed up for a 1Password.com account because you want to use the subscription service, that's different than the Mac App Store version, and you'd have to contact support.

This discussion has been closed.