iOS won't accept both of my vaults

Options
Mr. Laser Beam
Mr. Laser Beam
Community Member

I created a second vault on 1Password for the Mac. However the new vault won't sync to any of my iOS devices. How can I get it to do so?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Mr. Laser Beam

Thanks for taking the time to write in. It appears from your message that you are using iCloud to sync your first vault. Unfortunately 1Password's sync with iCloud is not capable of syncing multiple vaults. You'd need to select a different sync method:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

Is it possible to use different syncing methods for each vault? I don't want to give up iCloud syncing for my main vault (partly because it was such a chore getting it to work in the first place :lol: ) so can I continue to use iCloud for my primary vault, but perhaps use WiFi sync for the second one?

• Ben
    Options

Yes and no. ;)

You could use iCloud for your primary vault and Dropbox for your secondary vault, but you could not use iCloud for your primary and WLAN for your secondary.

WLAN syncing must sync the primary vault.

Ben

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

If I signed up for a 1Password Account (which I'm not sure what that actually IS, but I'm working on it :lol: ), would it be able to sync both vaults at all times?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mr. Laser Beam

Yes. One of the great things about a 1Password account is that once you have it set up, you just sign in to your account, and all your vaults are there. :)

This discussion has been closed.