After a power outage my current identity disappeared from my Mac.

juezsmith
juezsmith
Community Member

It reverted to an older identity.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:After a power outage my current identity disappeared from my Mac.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@juezsmith: By "identity" do you mean your macOS user account which you login to after booting the computer? If so, it sounds like there may be some damage to the drive. It would be best to contact Apple for assistance.

• juezsmith
    juezsmith
    Community Member

No, I meant the identity that is part of the drop down menu in iPassword. After the outage, an old address appeared in the identity section and the new one went away.

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Hi @juezsmith,

That is very interesting indeed. What sync method do you use for your 1Password data? If you have other devices connected to the sync destination, did the information in your identity item revert back to your old address on the other devices too?

• juezsmith
    juezsmith
    Community Member

It changed on every device and dropped 20 items. I have been synching through Dropbook.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @juezsmith,

I've never heard of that happening before, so I don't have an explanation for it. However, you should be able to restore your latest data from a backup. To do that, open the main 1Password app on your Mac and go to File > Backup (this will open the Backup preferences and also make a new backup of your current data). In the Backup window, select the most recent backup file from before the problem happened, then click the Restore button.

Does that help? Please let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.