Installer hangs verifying 1Password-6.5.3.pkg

Options
Hephaestus
Hephaestus
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Mac

What it says on the tin. :-)

I just purchased the upgrade, went to the downloads page as directed, and downloaded 1Password-6.5.3.pkg .

When I open that file I get a progress bar that says 'Verifying "1Password-6.5.3.pkg:...', but it never makes any progress. I suspect it may be waiting for some resource held by some other process, but no specific idea what it might be.

I've tried downloading a couple of different times, thinking that the problem might have been a bad/damaged download. But I got the same result each time.

I'm running El Capitan (OS X 10.11.6) on a 13" mid-2012 MacBook Pro.

Lousy time of year for this to happen, I know. :-)

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: none
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Hephaestus have you tried rebooting and running the installer again? (I appreciate you may already have tried that but it's the only idea I have at the moment.)

Stephen

• Hephaestus
    Hephaestus
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C thanks for the suggestion. I will try that as soon as I come to a reasonable stopping point and report back.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Hephaestus,

Sorry to hear the installer is getting stuck during the verification! Rebooting your Mac and trying again would have been my suggestion as well, so please do give that a shot when you can and let us know how it goes. If it's still a problem we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• Hephaestus
    Hephaestus
    Community Member
    Options

I finally got to the point where I could reboot my machine, and installation went smooth as silk after that. Thanks, all!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! I'm happy to hear it worked for you after rebooting, thanks for following up to let us know. Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, we're here for you. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.