Safari browser will not properly install the latest extention

chuckhounsell
chuckhounsell
Community Member

I have a Macbook Air running latest version of Yosemite, My Safari Browser is 10.002. I keep getting prompted to update the 1Password extension by means of a pop up window... very persistent. If I press update now I get taken to this page

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions?process_bundle_id=com.apple.Safari.

The download does not install and I get a message that Safari can't install the extension.

It is very persistent and has basically made Safari unusable.

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chuckhounsell,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the extension in Safari! You said you have version 4.6.2 of the extension installed, and that's currently the latest version, so I don't know why you're being prompted to update it in the first place. If you haven't already done so, please try simply restarting Safari. If/when you get prompted about the update, try again to install it.

If that doesn't help and you still get the same error, try uninstalling the extension you currently have in Safari, and then reinstall it:

• Open Safari and go to Safari > Preferences in the menu bar.
    • Click the Extensions tab, select the 1Password extension, and click Uninstall.
    • Reboot your Mac (important).
    • After it restarts, reinstall the 1Password extension - you can either open 1Password and go to 1Password > Install Browser Extensions, or open Safari and go to Safari > Safari Extensions (and find the 1Password extension there).

Please let us know how that goes for you, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• chuckhounsell
    chuckhounsell
    Community Member

Sorry thats the version that was trying to install. Followed your instructions and it worked perfectly! Many thanks.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chuckhounsell

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! I hope that everything works well with 1Password for you from now on, but if you need help with anything else, you know where to find us! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.